PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Image Backup

murphyb007
12-11-15, 11:14
Hi,

Im trying to make an exact backup of my system, I had been using Blackhole and was able to flash the entire image with a USB, I have 2 of these systems and back them up now and again and restore, how do I get the full image on to the USB pen and upload it straight from the box? Thanks

twol
12-11-15, 11:37
Hi,

Im trying to make an exact backup of my system, I had been using Blackhole and was able to flash the entire image with a USB, I have 2 of these systems and back them up now and again and restore, how do I get the full image on to the USB pen and upload it straight from the box? Thanks

Blue button/ViX/Image Manager/ then menu button to set where you want the backup /return/green button

murphyb007
12-11-15, 11:40
thanks, once the settings are on the pen, I can flash the duo without having to install OpenVix first?

twol
12-11-15, 12:02
thanks, once the settings are on the pen, I can flash the duo without having to install OpenVix first?

Yes....... but images are zipped, so need to unzip the receivers folder before running a restore.
I keep image backups on a usb stick so that I can restore if necessary. However I always think the best part of ImageManager is the couch flash ... download latest image from the feeds and flash "in flight" .... obviously backing up settings before (Backup Manager), so you flash and restore settings ....
about 30 secs between flashing new image and running system.

murphyb007
12-11-15, 21:38
I'm confused, I have the zip file unzipped which opens three folders, I copied them to the USB and can't get anywhere with it, once unzipped, what's the next stage? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk