PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] MKV Playback No Video But Sound

paulsysp
11-11-15, 23:59
Hi All

Apologies if the wrong place to post, I have searched this forum and my issue appears to have been resolved in build 021 but I think it may have been for a different video type

Eventually decided to upgrade yesterday from OpenVix Apollo build 160, on this build I have had no issues playing back virtually any type of video media such as .MKV, either by FTP the file to my Duo2 or by using Dreamplex.

Using Dreamplex I tried to play a video, the first 2 seconds I see a picture and then all of a sudden a blank screen but I have perfect sound. Thinking it was a Dreamplex issue I then FTP the same file to my Movies folder on the Duo and tried to play it back and had exactly the same result.

Can it be a codec issue? But then I think why would I only have 2 seconds of video and then only sound.

I can confirm the MKV plays perfectly fine on my PC, and I have also tested video that previously played flawlessly.

To resolve the issue I have only tried very basic steps such as removing the Dreamplex plugin and reinstalling and also restarting the box

Update - Also some but not all .mpg files also result in the above problems

Look forward to any help.

Sun

Trial
12-11-15, 08:41
Hi,
can you take a look with the PC tool MediaInfo which codec is used for the file. h264 should make no problem but VC1 might.

ciao

paulsysp
12-11-15, 18:24
Hi

Will check when I get back. But I have also tested video that has previously worked with no issues at all.

paulsysp
12-11-15, 22:10
Hi

Think its AVC please see attacehd45686

paulsysp
12-11-15, 22:18
Attached better image45687

paulsysp
12-11-15, 23:07
Hi

Thought I would update you guys here.. I have tried so far 3.2 018 & 014 and these all do not play back the test video I have on my Duo2. I have gone back to Apollo 160 for testing purposes and the test video plays perfectly fine.

So far at least I know my Duo2 is not faulty.. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

casuk
13-11-15, 10:46
Happens on some files on vix hades its no doubt image related

chumley
13-11-15, 10:56
I have had similar media issues. Apollo never gave me any issue with file playback but I wanted to keep up to date with the builds, I think it is due to G Streamer being updated in 3.2 - 022 is going to a new version so maybe test after that? i'm also on a duo2 btw.

My previous issue:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47761-Pausing-a-movie-from-network-share-looses-position-(after-screen-saver-kicks-in)

paulsysp
13-11-15, 15:15
Hi

At least I'm not alone!! I will sick with it for now as I would need to learn ABM to add some channels that are missing on Apollo..

Does anyone know when 022 is due? Fixes normally come pretty quickly tbf..

IAmATeaf
23-11-15, 22:59
I get this with some MKVs and found that changing the setting in AV settings from multi to 50Hz fixed it for me but this is on an Xtrend ET10000.

paulsysp
04-01-16, 19:59
I have had similar media issues. Apollo never gave me any issue with file playback but I wanted to keep up to date with the builds, I think it is due to G Streamer being updated in 3.2 - 022 is going to a new version so maybe test after that? i'm also on a duo2 btw.

My previous issue:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47761-Pausing-a-movie-from-network-share-looses-position-(after-screen-saver-kicks-in)

Omg just tried this solution changing video from multi to 50hz and it works!!!!

Lol thanks!!

Wild Bill
02-02-16, 12:11
Hi,

I'm having a very similar problem, the only difference is that the audio always plays perfectly fine but I get no video at all not even briefly. The files are on the internal HDD in my Ultimo. I already had the video set at 50Hz, but I've tried going to Multi and also 60Hz and back to 50Hz but there's no change. When I am playing the file and I go into Information-Service I see that the indicated video size is 0x0 so obviously there is a problem. I am still running on Hades-018. I have five such .mkv files from a series and they all play just the audio track, whereas hundreds of other .mkv's play perfectly and this is the first such issue I can remember. Any help appreciated!

Wild Bill
02-02-16, 12:24
I am also attaching the Media Information screen from VLC which plays the files perfectly fine.

Trial
02-02-16, 13:15
Hi,
size 0 is perfect for a model but bad for video size:-) Is it possible to get a sample? ViX uses normally to ways to find the size: 1. ask the hardware and 2. ask gstreamer.

ciao

DaMacFunkin
02-02-16, 13:29
Maybe your problem is because the file is 10 bit?

Wild Bill
02-02-16, 13:38
Is there a way to remove the 10-bit encoding? How could I upload a sample?

Wild Bill
02-02-16, 15:55
I've seen that I can convert from 10-bit to 8-bit do it with Handbrake, so I'm giving that a go now and will post the results.

Wild Bill
03-02-16, 13:17
Yes, that was it. The 8-bit files play fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

DaMacFunkin
03-02-16, 13:39
Glad you got it sorted, wish I could get my 23.98hz problems sorted.

birdman
03-02-16, 13:57
Glad you got it sorted, wish I could get my 23.98hz problems sorted.What problem is that? Related to this, in some way?

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=16732