PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting ET9500

Stuckagain
10-11-15, 23:56
Hi All
Can any one please confirm the following can be achieved with plugings on the ET9500.
1:Install transmission (the bit torrent client )
2: ET9500 can act as a media server
3: communicate via ftp to a computer or tablet

Also I know it's not a dedicated media player, however how well does it deal with playing mkv with DD or DTS audio tracks, as well as a straight Blu-ray Rip.

Many Thanks Stuck

Sicilian
11-11-15, 07:32
1) No as far as I'm aware I don't know of any bit torrent clients for any Enigma 2 receiver.
2) You can access media via samba or nfs.
3) In what why?

You need to remember this is satellite receiver with media player capabilities as a bonus, don't expect a perfect media player with any enigma 2 receiver.

judge
11-11-15, 09:45
1) No as far as I'm aware I don't know of any bit torrent clients for any Enigma 2 receiver.

The transmission plugin in the feeds works perfectly well for torrents.

Sicilian
11-11-15, 09:53
The transmission plugin in the feeds works perfectly well for torrents.

Thank's, I'll looked through feeds and couldn't see this morning lol, honestly never realised there was one, :o

abu baniaz
11-11-15, 10:00
Transmission guide here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36049-Transmittion-%28bit-torrent%29-tutorial

Stuckagain
11-11-15, 13:17
Thanks 4 all getting back to me, especially the guide.

3) In what way? To change setting on ET9500 and move files around.

Need to check my satellite feeds still work, thanks again.

Stuck

FozzyBear
17-11-15, 23:15
Hi folks,
I am going to purchase my first Linux receiver, complete newbie, looking at the 9500 or similar, from looking around it seems to be hard to find info on xtrends whereas vu+ seems much better supported, would it follow that the vu solo or something similar would be a wiser buy

Sicilian
17-11-15, 23:18
Hi folks,
I am going to purchase my first Linux receiver, complete newbie, looking at the 9500 or similar, from looking around it seems to be hard to find info on xtrends whereas vu+ seems much better supported, would it follow that the vu solo or something similar would be a wiser buy

OpenViX has more or less same features on all boxes.

FozzyBear
17-11-15, 23:49
Would the 9500 be well future proofed, apologies if the question is daft but I don't want to be buying another receiver in 12 months because it isn't able to handle new developments

Sicilian
18-11-15, 06:55
No receiver is future proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow Ostrich
18-11-15, 09:13
Hi,

Re: 2:
I always use VIX as it is the best image around.

It took me a while to get movie playing as I wanted it, i.e DTS, HD etc. I've now got it working almost as good as when I used my own built Media Centre PC.

Bascially using a Plex Server on my PC, installing DreamPlex on the E2 box. All the movies are played "Direct Local" which means that pretty much all file types play with best audio track available. I struggled with DTS using the streamed or Transcoded options. I have installed Cat5 cabling in my house, I don't think this would work wireless.

This works on all 3 of the boxes which I have in my house, Technomate T3 Combo, Gigablue HDx1 and GI Xpeed LX.

Cheers,

Yellow Ostrich