PDA

View Full Version : new auto timers failing

ahellary1
10-11-15, 22:15
hi guys

ive had a duo2 for some time

i seldom add auto timers but the last few timers ive had a problem... the timer adds ok but never records any thing even if there are instances of the required program in the schedule ... old auto timers work fine ...its just new ones ... i can add a single time and that works fine im on the lastest version of vix

looking for ideas and sugestions please

thanks in advance

mickyblueys
10-11-15, 22:26
I have a very similar issue, my new auto timers, do not record, but ones which have been there for a while record without problems, I just noticed this as of last Saturday. I have noticed it on my vu duo, which has an old Vix image on. I was gonna update when I get a chance to see if it corrects the issue.

Why this would be happening though puzzles me, as no settings have been altered in that box for months and months, as I was very happy with the way it was running.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

ahellary1
10-11-15, 22:28
exactly the same for me nothing has changed .. glad im not the only one

garyblas
10-11-15, 22:32
hi guys

ive had a duo2 for some time

i seldom add auto timers but the last few timers ive had a problem... the timer adds ok but never records any thing even if there are instances of the required program in the schedule ... old auto timers work fine ...its just new ones ... i can add a single time and that works fine im on the lastest version of vix

looking for ideas and sugestions please

thanks in advance

hold down green button for couple of seconds to check their is not multiple timer for same program
If their are delete all but one and it will work

ahellary1
10-11-15, 22:46
thanks that works as i was trying to catch up some older ones with the same program name so i add both channels to the services?

garyblas
10-11-15, 22:53
thanks that works as i was trying to catch up some older ones with the same program name so i add both channels to the services?

If they same name will probably fail
If want record all of same name change day/time to anytime etc

birdman
11-11-15, 01:15
thanks that works as i was trying to catch up some older ones with the same program name so i add both channels to the services?In which case it's probably a Good Idea to select the "Require description to be unique" option in the Auto Timer - so you don't end up recording the same episode on Chx, ChX+1, ChX+24, etc....