PDA

View Full Version : vu duo owner requiring help

Stevetilston
10-11-15, 11:17
Right start again here..

i have bought a brand new vu duo plus box from wos.

i have a cccam list to upload via usb.

i have formatted the usb to start with
i have then made a folder called 'vuplus'
then moved my cam file into this and ejected the usb from the computer
i have then placed my usb into the front of the vu box whilst turned off and then turned the vu box on
nothing happens which should regarding the usb at this moment

i have also tried the rear usb ports to no avail.

the file is .cfg also.

any help is appreciated

thanks

roybach
10-11-15, 12:20
I'm sure what you are attempting is not possible on the VU, but I could be wrong as I'm no expert. Download an FTP program like Filezilla (free) if you haven't already done so and once connected to the STB ( you will need the IP:address of the VU) FTP the Cccam.cfg file from your computer (right click and choose upload) to the var/ etc/ folder of the STB.

twol
10-11-15, 12:45
Right start again here..

i have bought a brand new vu duo plus box from wos.

i have a cccam list to upload via usb.

i have formatted the usb to start with
i have then made a folder called 'vuplus'
then moved my cam file into this and ejected the usb from the computer
i have then placed my usb into the front of the vu box whilst turned off and then turned the vu box on
nothing happens which should regarding the usb at this moment

i have also tried the rear usb ports to no avail.

the file is .cfg also.

any help is appreciated

thanks
What are you actually trying to do?
1) to flash an image via usb stick you put the required folders onto a FAT32 usb then follow the process to flash.
2) to load a CCcam.cfg file onto the VU+ then you can use filezilla either on Linux or Windows to copy the file to the receiver's etc folder.

You don't do a combination of 2 via 1 :)

Stevetilston
10-11-15, 12:47
I have downloaded a new image file onto the usb which when put into the Vu box downloaded. But I still can't work out how to use the cam which i downloaded onto the Vu box. Only cams I can find is by manually downloading them onto the box.

I'm a bit stuck on how to add my cam with the sports and movies on. Can a pm be sent to keep it off the boards if necessary

Thanks

Stevetilston
10-11-15, 12:49
Right thanks for that. I shall try via FileZilla later

Thanks

wullboy
10-11-15, 14:14
You can download the cam from the feeds, then go to softcam manager to activate it ????