PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Cross WPF stuck on "loading data" on vix

tiptop1
08-11-15, 22:37
Hello

I am running the box image on my speed lx2 and cross epg used to work fine until I updated the image recently.

Now, it downloads the data fine but gets stuck with spinner at the end when it is "Loading data" and just stays there.

I have setup a swap file as well but that has made no difference.

judge
08-11-15, 22:44
Sounds like your EPG is corrupt.
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Load/Save/Delete > Delete EPG.
Then download it again.

tiptop1
08-11-15, 23:36
Thanks for the quick reply. Just tried your suggestion and it is stuck at the same point with Vix logo spinning around. I have to turn it on and off to change channels now.

It's really frustrating and I have been putting up with it for few weeks. I reinstalled a slightly older image and it is doing the same thing.

judge
08-11-15, 23:47
What EPG sources are you using?

Andy_Hazza
09-11-15, 13:01
Also where are you storing your EPG data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiptop1
14-11-15, 21:07
Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been tinkering around after your suggestions.

I have got it working if I set it to download onto the flash memory. It gets stuck if saving to the memory stick. Why would that be?

DaMacFunkin
14-11-15, 22:06
The memory stick is repeatedly un mounting or isn't mounting at all, do not save EPG to flash.
Try a new stick maybe in a different slot or add a HDD and save to there.

kris07
18-11-15, 23:37
Hi i'm having the same issue and just added a new post on this. Have you fixed it? im tinking of re-flashing.:confused:

kris07
18-11-15, 23:45
I deleted the epg, then restarted gui and once started downloaded epg and all sorted.

tiptop1
18-11-15, 23:52
I reflashed it but it did the same thing. Only thing that fixed it was moving the epg download to internal memory. Probably need to format the memory stick and try again.

judge
19-11-15, 00:21
I reflashed it but it did the same thing. Only thing that fixed it was moving the epg download to internal memory. Probably need to format the memory stick and try again.

If your EPG is reverting to internal flash rather than the device it's set to save to, there's something wrong with your EPG device.

tiptop1
19-11-15, 08:53
I changed it to save to flash memory as I was experimenting whilst trying to get it to work. It is working fine now though.

I will tinker with it again when I have a bit more time.

frankblueking
19-11-15, 12:07
Hello

I am running the box image on my speed lx2 and cross epg used to work fine until I updated the image recently.

Now, it downloads the data fine but gets stuck with spinner at the end when it is "Loading data" and just stays there.

I have setup a swap file as well but that has made no difference.

I hope this empirical experiment helps. I also had freezing problems when trying to download using Crossepg. I lost my EPG data almost on a daily basis!! My EPG source is HMLTV and I save to a USB memory stick, although I flipped to HDD in frustration. Following the advice of the guys on this forum I deleted the EPG data, re-formatted the memory stick and re-flashed the image on a frequent basis but no joy. I then disabled the "auto save/reload" in the settings and only had HMLTV automatic download set. Since that change I have had no issues with my EPG. Interested to see what explanation our experienced guys have.