PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Abm

Fuzzy
08-11-15, 01:39
I was editing a bouquet with dreambox edit and the service names weren't there, just channel numbers. I had a look at abm and in the providers (which should be Freeview and Sky UK) it has Kabel (NL) and Virgin (UK). Neither of these are ticked so the scan fails. I haven't changed anything since I setup from scratch to install verion 10. I haven't used dreamboxedit for a some time so it could have been like this for the last few builds, maybe. Do i need to rescan? I haven't tried reflashing or reverting back to an earlier version.

I had a look at the manual scan options and if I select user defined transponder or pre-defined transponder I am unable to change the satellite from 16.0E Eutelsat 16A (I have a fixed sky dish)

Apologies if this has already been covered.

Thanks in advance

abu baniaz
08-11-15, 01:46
ABM checks your tuner configuaration before offering providers. Double check that first.

Edit:
Concentrate in the tuner configuration menu, not scan menu.
Your hybrid tuner is in cable mode. This is why you are being offered the cable providers in ABM.
If 28.2 providers are not bieng offered in ABM, you r tuners are not set for 28.2.

Another possibility is that somehow your satellites.xml has been modified to delete 28.2.

Fuzzy
08-11-15, 14:06
Thanks abu. My hybrid tuner had indeed gone into cable mode for some reason. I copied the satellites.xml file from my solo2 to my duo2 and that put Sky UK back into the providers so I thought all was well again. However, I copied the bouquets to dreambox edit but it is still not showing service names, just channel numbers. Any ideas please?

abu baniaz
08-11-15, 14:19
What are you discussing here? ABM or DBedit

Huevos
08-11-15, 16:54
Bouquet files do not contain channel names by default.

Fuzzy
09-11-15, 00:15
What are you discussing here? ABM or DBedit

I assumed that dbedit not displaying channel names was down to something in abm not being right. I haven't changed anything in dbedit and it has always shown channel names before.

Fuzzy
09-11-15, 00:21
Bouquet files do not contain channel names by default.

Well dbedit has always shown channel names for me up until yesterday. I was just trying to figure out what had changed. I have 'always include the service name when sorting the servicelist' ticked in dbedit.

abu baniaz
09-11-15, 00:27
As an aside, it is a pointless exercise to edit ABM bouquets with channel editors. Any changes you make will be lost when ABM runs again.
You are better off telling ABM how to make the bouquets by use of the favourites or mix.

Fuzzy
09-11-15, 00:36
I have a 'favourites TV' bouquet, which I edit from time to time. If I hover the mouse over the channel number, the name is shown, but the names were shown under 'service' up until the other day. I assumed that abm was the culprit, especially seeing as the providers had changed. I may have assumed wrongly, of course :)

abu baniaz
09-11-15, 00:43
You can do it manually, or let ABM do it automatically for you. This is subject to teh chanenls being available on the providers ABM does.

Fuzzy
09-11-15, 01:06
I don't edit the favourites channel very often. I usually just add a channel and maybe remove one whilst I'm at it.

I can't figure out why channel names don't show any more, nor why my hybrid tuner went into cable mode, nor how my satellites.xml file got corrupted, so I'll do a fresh flash and setup from scratch when the next update is released.

Thanks for your help abu :)

judge
09-11-15, 01:22
I can't figure out why channel names don't show any more, nor why my hybrid tuner went into cable mode, nor how my satellites.xml file got corrupted, so I'll do a fresh flash and setup from scratch when the next update is released.

Best option. If you're not doing it, something else is...

Fuzzy
12-11-15, 01:11
I tried installing an earlier version of dbedit and the program names were there so it is a dbedit problem. Apologies for blaming abm :o

abu baniaz
12-11-15, 01:20
You should try E-channelizer.

DaMacFunkin
12-11-15, 09:22
I have tried E-channelizer 2 and it has some good features, but there is a lot of features it doesn't have such as comparing and updating loaded devices with another service list.
I have also found maybe a bug, If I load my list to edit a bouquet, let's say my euro sports bouquet, when I send the files back it has destroyed my remote stream bouquets, they are now just an address instead of a channel name.