PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Second E2 box

al2813
07-11-15, 22:30
A few weeks ago I bought a wetek Play from my upstairs TV, selling in the process my vu+ Solo box. The idea was to use the Wetek both as an android box (needed for internet TV streaming via web browser) and a satbox using E2 (easier to setup as I can share settings and experience with my main living room box - Duo2). Thing is after testing 4 different E2 images and trying all sorts of tweaking, I cannot get the Wetek to run E2 the way i want to. I am struggling getting OSCAM to work 100% smoothly, and I also cannot get it to stream correctly to my ipad (I use the Blackbox pro app) which is also important for me.

So for now, I'm giving up on the "one box does it all" thing, and I want to get again a dedicated E2 box next to the Wetek (Which I will continue using on Android for now). Don't need a duo2, but need something reliable, FHD, support for HDD recording and streaming to blackbox pro. I am debating between a Vu+ and an Xtrend. Would prefer to keep it low budget but wiling to spend up to 200 EUR. Advice and recommendations are welcome.

joysleep1
11-11-15, 11:06
xtrend et8000 is a decent box within your price range

twol
11-11-15, 12:28
A few weeks ago I bought a wetek Play from my upstairs TV, selling in the process my vu+ Solo box. The idea was to use the Wetek both as an android box (needed for internet TV streaming via web browser) and a satbox using E2 (easier to setup as I can share settings and experience with my main living room box - Duo2). Thing is after testing 4 different E2 images and trying all sorts of tweaking, I cannot get the Wetek to run E2 the way i want to. I am struggling getting OSCAM to work 100% smoothly, and I also cannot get it to stream correctly to my ipad (I use the Blackbox pro app) which is also important for me.

So for now, I'm giving up on the "one box does it all" thing, and I want to get again a dedicated E2 box next to the Wetek (Which I will continue using on Android for now). Don't need a duo2, but need something reliable, FHD, support for HDD recording and streaming to blackbox pro. I am debating between a Vu+ and an Xtrend. Would prefer to keep it low budget but wiling to spend up to 200 EUR. Advice and recommendations are welcome.
Which images have you tried?
I would use the wetek as a 2nd box with E2 and Kodi 15.2 - for me OpenATV and my own Vix image build work fine, although there are as you have said some positives and negatives :) ... then you can use RCSC or the backup tuner alternative to stream from the main box .... ET8000 would be a good solution.