PDA

View Full Version : Duo 2 to another tv

crx
07-11-15, 21:53
I have a Duo 2 as my main box and Solo 2 in our bedroom, my kids are now wanting the sly package in their rooms is there any way doing this as im currently using all my lmb feeds on these two boxes?

Thanks

ade1970
08-11-15, 00:59
i use a samsung H series smart tv running the excellent pembo e2 stream software , also works on F and G models but NOT J series and requires no further hardware, no extra disecq switches etc..as the duo2 can transcode and stream and the samsung smart tv receive it as if a decoder, works seemlessly if in wired network, wireless too, altho HD jitters a bit! ..that is if you need another tv? ..it would work from either of your boxes with correct setup, it will utilize an available tuner, so, adversely if both tuners were being used already they'd have to watch what those two tuners were on already...thought it was worth mentioning to you as an alternative. Good luck :)

xsmit
08-11-15, 01:39
one option could be an Octo LNB seems to be £13.75 on eBay which would give you 4 extra ports http://r.ebay.com/eAwNFK

Huevos
10-11-15, 09:23
Put a budget box in their room (e.g. Vu+ Zero) and connect to one of the other boxes across the LAN using RCSC. No need for any feed from the dish at this receiver.

crx
10-11-15, 17:48
Put a budget box in their room (e.g. Vu+ Zero) and connect to one of the other boxes across the LAN using RCSC. No need for any feed from the dish at this receiver.

What would happen of both tuners where used by the other box?

bellejt
10-11-15, 18:03
do as me : duo2 with 2 X dual tuners (quad lnb and 4 cables) and other cheap boxes connected with remote stream.No need for extra cards or internal CS.They can even mount your HDD in the duo for watching recordings.Connection can be by ethernet cable or WIFI.

crx
11-11-15, 13:51
do as me : duo2 with 2 X dual tuners (quad lnb and 4 cables) and other cheap boxes connected with remote stream.No need for extra cards or internal CS.They can even mount your HDD in the duo for watching recordings.Connection can be by ethernet cable or WIFI.

What other boxes are you using?

bellejt
11-11-15, 16:40
a second duo2 and a edision OS1.