PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Micro] tuner lock out/ tuner fail issue

liverpoolee
07-11-15, 12:13
First of all hello chaps. I've been a lurker on here for many a year and have had invaluable tips and advice just by reading the threads.
This one has got me stumped though.

I've got a problem on my single tuner dvb s2 miraclebox micro bought from here. When I use Ab to scan it will hang then tune lock out. After a reflash it will sometimes scan sky uk channels then everything will work for around 4 minutes then you actually see the image start to pixelate then it freezes with tune fail.
Only on sky $ channels though. BT $ channels are fine. All fta channels are fine. Tried 4 different images , tried older vix images, still the same. I've tried the box downstairs where I have an amiko alien and it's the same. Tried my trusty skybox s5s on same lnb and that's fine.
I'm on a fixed dish but it's as if it's wandering then tunes out. Only on sky $ channels though. I'm at my wits end with the whole thing. Been on it for 5 days now. Tried using different cams, tried difrerent bouquet makers but the same problem occurs every time. The amiko alien 2 box has been flawless for 2 years in the same house. Surely the only thing left is a faulty box?
Any help appreciated lads.

abu baniaz
07-11-15, 12:28
if you do a manual scan, how many channels do you get?

How many receivers are connected to the LNB?

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Sicilian
07-11-15, 12:43
Do a manual scan, menu > setup > service searching > manual scan, set type of scan to single satellite. Advise amount of channels found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liverpoolee
07-11-15, 14:03
Thanks fellas. When it's working a manual scan will find all channels. Nearly 1000 I think. When the tuner fails it'll pick up zero or sometime around 7 channels.
Just the mb micro upstairs connected to upstairs Lnb.
downstairs I've got twin lnb connected to amiko alien 2.
Upstairs lnb was fine in my f5s box.

abu baniaz
07-11-15, 14:25
So you have two separate dishes?

liverpoolee
07-11-15, 14:33
So you have two separate dishes?
No, all from one quad lnb dish. I've just plugged f5s into lnb and it was fine. I'm thinking lnb connection in box is shot.

Sicilian
07-11-15, 14:42
I would test on another feed before making assumption like that.

abu baniaz
07-11-15, 14:44
Try following: power off all other receivers. (Disconnect from electrical supply, not just put to standby.)

Try the miraclebox as the only receiver connected to the LNB. You have suggested that there are three cables from dish, try them all. One at a time.

Long winded test, but will make sense later.

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

liverpoolee
07-11-15, 15:06
I said in first post that I tried the box on another feed. The twin feed downstairs. Each lnb would work for 4/5 minutes then tune fail like the upstairs feed.
Did all that last night. Turned amiko box off from wall. I reckon I've spent around 20 hours trying to sort this thing out. The only thing left is hardware failure, surely?
The same upstairs feed has my sky box f5s working on all channels.

Sicilian
07-11-15, 15:47
Contact WoS, sure they will exchange for you if faulty.

liverpoolee
07-11-15, 19:08
Yeah, looks like the only course of action left.

fawada123
08-11-15, 11:27
Yeah, looks like the only course of action left.
must be a fault with the tuner if tested other feeds.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

liverpoolee
08-11-15, 13:09
Was playing around with it last night again. Put fresh image on it. All channels cleared for around ten minutes then tune out again. This time though I just put the unit into deep standby. Waited 10 minutes then just fired it up again and channels cleared. Another 4 or 5 minutes then tune fail. It seems the longer I switch it off the more minutes viewing I see which would indicate a hardware problem. I must say it seems quite hot for such a small box. Maybe it's over heating.
I've saved a working image so hopefully I'll just throw it on a replacement box and and all will be ok.

liverpoolee
08-11-15, 14:18
Actually the whole thing has put me off the box completely. I think id rather have the GiGaBlue HD X1 and give that a go.

Sicilian
08-11-15, 14:52
Actually the whole thing has put me off the box completely. I think id rather have the GiGaBlue HD X1 and give that a go.

Why? You could have purchased one of those and still had the same issue. Have tested connected to a different dish or lnb? My test micro has been perfect, just been unlucky if it is faulty.