PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo - loss of all settings after a system reset. Will pay for help.

briansy
06-11-15, 14:08
I am currently finding myself in a very difficult position. I bought a Vu+ duo from a vendor in Wales (whose details I have since lost) about 18 months ago and as part of selling me the box, he ran me through the setup and configuration over the phone. I have encountered no difficulties with it in the meantime, except for the occasional glitch, but when I reset the box (turned it on and off at mains) earlier this week, I lost all my bouquets, settings, etc and my laptop wasn’t seeing the box in the network so I can’t even transfer files to it to watch movies.

Basically, I am a total newbie and would be happy to pay someone to take me through the “wizard” to get me back up and running again. It’s not something I possess the know how to do and the instructions are simply too complicated for me to fathom. I foolishly thought that once I was set up, I would have no problems but not keeping the contact details of the guy who sold it to me has now come back to bite me.

If anyone would be OK to spend 20 minutes or so to get me back up and running I’d really appreciate it. By the way, I did try and restore it to an earlier configuration but none of the settings returned and, in truth, I wasn’t even sure what I was restoring it to. More than happy to pay someone for any help provided.

Thanks.

Bazzer
06-11-15, 14:12
Read the forum rules no talk of clines on this forum

briansy
06-11-15, 14:13
Thank you and amended

Bazzer
06-11-15, 14:18
When you say reset what did you actually do ? If you search the forum there is threads that shows you how to set up a box .

Bazzer
06-11-15, 14:22
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide

briansy
06-11-15, 14:23
I restored to an earlier backup - a backup that presumably someone else had done. I have no clue where I am in the process of a setup and I am really posting this thread for someone to take a call from me and take me through some of it. As I said, I'm happy to pay. It's not exactly a service that I can see as being available commercially hence why I came here.

Sicilian
06-11-15, 14:27
Pay?? No such services are offered here. Use the forum and learn yourself.

bigkenny
06-11-15, 23:20
I use VU+ Control Centre to save all my settings its a great bit of software. Get it and when you have you Duo up and running use this software to make a copy of your settings.

robbiecookie101
13-11-15, 12:58
I've sent you a PM - I don't want any money though :)