PDA

View Full Version : Scrambled channels

uncle
06-11-15, 12:47
Hi all
Received receiver from sponsors with all that comes with it
I have used the wizard to set every thing up all ok on 28.2e
But the scrambled channels won't open have I got to do anything else to get them to open or have I got to go through the list (I have tried 30 or so )and find the ones that will open
I've been use to the protek for the last 10 years and this is new to me
Uncle

Sicilian
06-11-15, 13:48
Why would you think that buying a receiver from the sponsor would give you access to 'scrambled channels'? :confused:

Huevos
06-11-15, 14:21
the scrambled channels won't openWhat subscription card have you got?

uncle
06-11-15, 14:27
Hi
Reading around and on the other forum, and using the protek and getting the channels for 5 year or more but the problem was the channels kept freezing? and was told that the vu receivers with openvix would let me get better viewing without freezing.I could of got the receiver from them because they have just starting up selling uv receivers (with plug and play) firmware , but I thought I would go were openvix team are and get better service.
uncle

wullboy
06-11-15, 14:28
Uncle... m8.. i think you need to google, to find out about scrabbled channels,it's got nothing to do with the seller !!!

Sicilian
06-11-15, 14:29
Hi
Reading around and on the other forum, and using the protek and getting the channels for 5 year or more but the problem was the channels kept freezing? and was told that the vu receivers with openvix would let me get better viewing without freezing.I could of got the receiver from them because they have just starting up selling uv receivers (with plug and play) firmware , but I thought I would go were openvix team are and get better service.
uncle

So you think OpenViX provide some-kind of illegal channel service for your pleasure? :confused:

uncle
06-11-15, 14:42
Hi
No I don't think that, I started off back in the dmac days about 30 years ago and been into satellite ever since then
uncle

Peterj
06-11-15, 14:44
What subscription card have you got?

you didn't answer this question. Very relevant.

wullboy
06-11-15, 14:48
Hi
uncle

Receivers,openvix,or any other set-up has got absolutely nothing to do with channels freezing m8, even plug & play boxes, still has got nothing to do with their set-up giving you freeze free channels ???

uncle
06-11-15, 15:03
Hi
I know the freezing is not the receiver can be server,broadband etc
uncle

Huevos
06-11-15, 16:02
Hi
I know the freezing is not the receiver can be server,broadband etc
uncleIf you haven't got a subscription card for the services you are trying to receive we can't help.

Forum rules, item 4 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here).

uncle
06-11-15, 16:11
Hi
I have a sky variety card
Uncle

Huevos
06-11-15, 16:45
Ok.

Put the card in the card slot.

Install CCcam 2.3.0 from the feeds.

Put an empty file in /etc/CCcam.cfg

Once you get that running, post a screen grab showing the second infobar.

Make sure that works first. :D

uncle
06-11-15, 18:00
Hi
Sorry to be a pain been trying to find the feeds for the CCcam 2.3.0
Can you explain a bit clearer all I have done before is with other receivers is set the receiver up with channels downloaded ,downloaded files, and put in updated files
Uncle

Ashley69
06-11-15, 19:15
Menu/Plugins - Download plugins -softcams

wullboy
06-11-15, 19:19
menu/plugins/hit the green button to bring up the feeds,go to softcams & download your cam, come out of there when it has been downloaded, then go to... setup/softcam cl, then go to softcam manager, tick the box[ green tick ] then hit the blue button [ enable startup ] then all the way back out and go to a cryptic channel and see if it clears...

duoduo
06-11-15, 20:38
This thread is so hilarious!!

Ashley69
06-11-15, 21:39
Be careful. He could be CIA agent Napoleon Solo.