PDA

View Full Version : Vu plus Duo box stuck at starting

jinkey1
05-11-15, 21:16
I was wondering if anyone could help, my vu plus duo box is not switching on and saying starting but nothing happening. Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Jim

mcquaim
05-11-15, 22:20
Did you try re-flashing?

satmanbasil
06-11-15, 00:08
do you have a red led light showing as well, you could try a re flash but if you find it does not respond to usb dive and wont flash you may have red light of death which you can read up on forum how to go about fixing

jinkey1
06-11-15, 06:55
Yes I have a red light on will read up on it thanks for your help

Kips
14-11-15, 12:57
I have the same issue - ive changed the capacitor already so know its not that - read someone to leave it on starting over night to clear some cache or something but not sure about it other reports saying its a tuner issue and other saying the board is fired but i dont think it is as it will read usb and image fine but after reboot and taking usb out still sticks at starting... with red light. I might take mine in to a repair place and let you know what they say.

wullboy
14-11-15, 13:08
Look at the chip next to the capacitor that you have just replaced to see if there is a burn mark on it,if so,then that needs replaced as well ???

Kips
14-11-15, 14:01
NOw that you mention it the one round one on the left with H1R51 (L802) on it does look a bit damaged but i think that's more to do with my soldering skills, but the chip you mean i guess is U801? looks fine.