PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo...looks like a clone :-(

rjwill10
05-11-15, 14:16
I was looking for a box to run for my bedroom so didn't fancy buying a new one. I bought a VU solo advertised as genuine on ebay, but it has the dreaded stickers on it which imply it's a cloned solo. Is there any other way I can tell if this is cloned? The seller is insisting that it isn't a clone. I'm told the clones do work, but not with all images. Which is best VIX build to use for it, if I can use VIX at all? The solo has a V2 sticker at the back, so guessing this relates to the hardware, other than that I'm not sure what the features are as I don't want to mess around with the box to much because I'm disputing the purchase through ebay.

john doe
05-11-15, 14:21
flashed it with vix image if it works your safe, if it doesn't, then its a clone. did it come pre-installed with a image? if so what image? loads of people selling boxes as genuine, but turn out to be clone. you need to flash with most recent image 3.2 020

Bazzer
05-11-15, 14:24
The problem you have is that the Vu Solo is getting on now with age even if it is not a clone it struggles with the images , I would fight it out with ebay get your money back and purchase one from the sponsors W.O.S that way you will be 100% certain it is not a clone . There is good single tuners for a bedroom and quite cheap.

bellejt
05-11-15, 14:27
http://forums.openpli.org/topic/30107-vu-solo-brickednot-booting-after-latest-update/

Bazzer
05-11-15, 14:33
If it has the sticker on it V2 then I would say it is a clone

Larry-G
05-11-15, 17:50
I was looking for a box to run for my bedroom so didn't fancy buying a new one. I bought a VU solo advertised as genuine on ebay, but it has the dreaded stickers on it which imply it's a cloned solo. Is there any other way I can tell if this is cloned? The seller is insisting that it isn't a clone. I'm told the clones do work, but not with all images. Which is best VIX build to use for it, if I can use VIX at all? The solo has a V2 sticker at the back, so guessing this relates to the hardware, other than that I'm not sure what the features are as I don't want to mess around with the box to much because I'm disputing the purchase through ebay.

No genuine Vu+ receiver has ever shipped with any stickers denoting a version number, the sticker your seeing is there to tell you its a v2 clone.

john doe
05-11-15, 20:23
No genuine Vu+ receiver has ever shipped with any stickers denoting a version number, the sticker your seeing is there to tell you its a v2 clone.

very true indeed

rjwill10
06-11-15, 10:31
The guy on Ebay is now trying to say that i'm scamming him and that the box isn't a clone because his friend says it's not. He's trying to say I've fabricated pictures showing stickers haha. Thanks to everyone for their help, looks like I'll have to rely on ebay.

Bazzer
06-11-15, 10:39
I once bought a box of a company on eBay and when it arrived everything was in Chinese so I had my suspicions then. I emailed the company and they kept stalling , so I then asked ebay to try and resolve the issue which they did and I might add quite fast . Two weeks later box returned and money back in my account.

rjwill10
06-11-15, 11:41
Yeah, I think ebay will do the same here as well. I've given enough evidence to show that the box is a clone, it's just the seller can't accept it. I think he's a little annoyed that he was sold a clone previously.

Bazzer
06-11-15, 11:49
If he advertised it has genuine then you are fine and he did not mention it was a clone then you will be fine.

nicky1964
29-01-16, 20:43
Purchased mine from WOS as I was new to it all its my first since a sky box so I wanted genuine 100%

ronand
29-01-16, 21:38
If he advertised it has genuine then you are fine and he did not mention it was a clone then you will be fine.

Selling counterfeit goods is illegal full stop.