PDA

View Full Version : HDMI CEC Troubleshooting - can of worms?

aido
05-11-15, 09:57
I'm just trying to troubleshoot some HDMI CEC problems with a Miraclebox Micro and an LG 47LB730V.

I've done some digging and it sounds like compatibility is a right old can of worms across the board with CEC.

It seems to work perfectly if you use the MB remote and turn power on or off, and that then turns the TV on or off (although doesn't change the channel even though it's configured)

However, it gets itself into a right state if someone turns off the TV by pressing the TV button then power which leaves the STB on but the TV off - so when you press power on the STB it then turns the STB on but the TV off!

Are all STBs this flaky with HDMI CEC or are any manufacturer drivers better than others?

Sampling is enabled on the TV and is configured to power off attached devices with the TV but I didn't really spot anything obvious in the debug logs.

I've left it logging for a few days to see if I can spot anything, but are there any particular settings that might help with box power control when the TV is turned off please? I did see some of the settings were actually inverted in older versions but is that still the case?

Thanks in advance for any pointers :)