PDA

View Full Version : HD800SE+ Plus. Turn Off Front Panel Lights in Standby

BubbleBalls
05-11-15, 00:07
Hi Guys,

It's been awhile. I just picked up a 2nd hand unit for the bedroom but my other half hates any, even the dimmest, light on during the night. Are there any extensions/downloads etc I can install to totally disable the front lights when in standby, as with the GB Quad?

Cheers,
BB

judge
05-11-15, 01:13
You shouldn’t need any.
Front display panel should let you disable them.

BubbleBalls
05-11-15, 08:50
That's the case in my Quads but there is no Front Display option in the menu for the se plus.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
05-11-15, 19:18
It's not part of the image so but I read that it was part of it sometime time ago. Would anybody have the relevant file or maybe point me in the right direction please?

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
07-11-15, 01:07
Just out of curiosity I have flashed both Hades and Apollo images but Front Panel Display options were not available. I have just flashed Openmips and the exact option is available.

Does vfdcontrol manage the front panel on the SE Plus as it is present in all of the above image system plugins I tried.

How can I extract/copy the relevant files/plugin from the Openmips image to have the same options available so I can use Openvix?

BubbleBalls
07-11-15, 08:30
Sorry, should have said at the start that I initially tried OpenVix 3.2.021

Tapatalker

Sicilian
07-11-15, 08:48
Do you have vfdcontrol in ViX?

BubbleBalls
07-11-15, 09:27
Do you have vfdcontrol in ViX?
Hi. Yes. It is part of all the Vix images i tried as a system plugin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it in OV3.2.021 but no joy.

Tapatalker

Sicilian
07-11-15, 09:28
Hi. Yes. It is part of all the Vix images i tried as a system plugin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it in OV3.2.021 but no joy.

Tapatalker

From memory that has the options to turn off doesn't it?

BubbleBalls
07-11-15, 09:32
But i can't access it on the se plus. On the Quads the Front Panel Display falls into menu/settings but there is no option in Vix for this (only in openmips) and looking into the plugin manager gives me no options to enter vfd control.

Tapatalker

Sicilian
07-11-15, 09:45
Now I'm confused, your post 8 says it does. I'll have to see if I've got an SE+ lying around to take look.

BubbleBalls
07-11-15, 09:56
Cheers. When i look in installed plugins vfd IS listed. But there are no corresponding options in the Settings/System menu path. Hope that makes a bit more sense?

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
08-11-15, 00:08
Little further research tonight. VFDcontrol shows different git references between OpenVix and OpenMips

OpenVix - vfdcontrol (2.0+git1466)
OpenMips - vfdcontrol (2.0+git1468)

Not sure of the significance, if any, here but am wondering could I extract an ipk (if possible and howto?) from the Mips image to use on Vix?

BubbleBalls
09-11-15, 19:22
Anybody know where I can get my hands on vfdcontrol (2.0+git1468) please? I had a look on github but can't find anything with that reference.

Tapatalker

Sicilian
09-11-15, 19:44
Have some patience, its added to the list of to do's!

BubbleBalls
12-01-16, 16:39
Hi guys. Happy New Year. Seen several updates over the past months but not for this issue. Is it still on the list of ToDo's?

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
17-01-16, 16:02
Any pointers on doing this myself please?

mike1961
12-02-16, 14:59
Hah!!! I reported the same issue a long time back ... and have had a piece of cardboard sitting in front of the display panel for the last year or two. I can't remember what upgrade caused me to lose the VFD display options. Any light in the bedroom does my wife's head in and she can just about live with the cardboard solution. It doesn't help that the lights on my homeplug add to the light show.

Would love to get it sorted.

BubbleBalls
21-02-16, 00:18
Hi,

I've done the same with cardboard and insulation tape as the boot up speed is soo long. Looks sh-ite but better than the long wait.Thing is that it works on Gigablue's own image but I don't want to switch from VIX

Hah!!! I reported the same issue a long time back ... and have had a piece of cardboard sitting in front of the display panel for the last year or two. I can't remember what upgrade caused me to lose the VFD display options. Any light in the bedroom does my wife's head in and she can just about live with the cardboard solution. It doesn't help that the lights on my homeplug add to the light show.

Would love to get it sorted.