PDA

View Full Version : motherboard

hullfc27
04-11-15, 12:00
hi all need a bit of advice my box keeps blowing the hdmi port and ive sent it back to technomate this is the 3rd time last time was around 3 months ago when apparently it was still in warranty but now all of a sudden its 7 months out of warranty!!:confused: can anyone point me in the direction of where i can buy a replacement motherboard from for it as i am technical but not that technical.....thanks in advance

Sicilian
04-11-15, 12:01
Technomate are the only ones who can supply a main board.

hullfc27
04-11-15, 12:04
well looks like im goosed then cos apparently he tried to jtag it and now its had it! wants 60 percent of what i paid for it to repair it one things for sure i wont ever buy technomate again

wullboy
04-11-15, 13:58
well looks like im goosed then cos apparently he tried to jtag it and now its had it! wants 60 percent of what i paid for it to repair it one things for sure i wont ever buy technomate again

Yes m8, has one once, never again...Technomate have a shocking aftersales, all they want is for peeps to keep on buy new boxes from them,

Larry-G
04-11-15, 17:09
Technomate once had a well deserved and hard won reputation for superior hardware and build quality but that has in my opinion dropped remarkably over the past few years with their e2 boxes, they are now very tinny with really thin casings. Really brittle plastic and poor cooling fans.

Dont get me wrong there are still fine machines and at a good price when compared to the likes of the Vu+ models but they just feel cheaply put together to me. I do still use mine almost daily except the nano 2 super as that thing has not only killed it's own cooling fan but the one out of the nano oe too.

Alec
04-11-15, 23:53
hi all need a bit of advice my box keeps blowing the hdmi port and ive sent it back to technomate this is the 3rd time last time was around 3 months ago when apparently it was still in warranty but now all of a sudden its 7 months out of warranty!!:confused: can anyone point me in the direction of where i can buy a replacement motherboard from for it as i am technical but not that technical.....thanks in advance

I would have after the second time given up on the box, as it points to cheap components being used. And another accident waiting to happen, after a repair. Perhaps doing a research to see if a common complaint, and asking for a refund. I have a AV amp that as had 2 repairs on HMDI output board, due to cheap capacitors being used. And it was repair free of charge, along with free collect and return.

abu baniaz
05-11-15, 04:30
IMO, TM are normally very good with their aftersales. As with most others, they have their issues too.

How old is the receiver?

satturn
23-11-18, 19:44
Just read this old thread and I see most of the discussion is negative. I've had my nano2super for four years and is used daily for 8 hours each day. I had one issue with the main board three years ago and since then all has been running very smoothly using openvix and openatv images. In my opinion Technomate warrants a positive account.