PDA

View Full Version : [ET8500] RCSC picture freezing/jerky on HD channels after build 3.2.004

Clabs
03-11-15, 16:06
I recently upgraded my Xtrend ET8500 from Hades 018 to 3.2.018. Almost everything went fine but I noticed that Remote Channel Stream Converter was no longer working correctly when connecting to my VU+ Duo2. Zapping between FTA HD channels and most of the time the picture breaks up/freezes or just stutters. A restart gets the last channel you were watching displaying correctly, but change channels a couple of times and the picture lags/stutters again. This is a pain because I use RSCS to be able to watch and control the motorised dish on my Duo2.

I swapped out the ET8500 for a Vu+ Ultimo just to test the wiring and that works perfectly. I tried reflashing back to Hades 018 and RCSC works faultlessly again. Since then, I reflashed a few times with various newer images and have found that it works fine up to and including 3.2.004. Any newer builds produce the same stuttering.

Just to make sure there was nothing else that could be messing it up, I set the ET8500 with as little as possible installed. So, USB flash, no restore, no HDD or USB, no picons or softcams, default skin - and then installed RCSC from the feeds. Everything is hardwired BTW- nothing wireless.

It is strange because forum user Twol kindly tried this for me between 2 x ET8500's with no problem. I have also swapped the Duo2 and the ET8500 around and the Duo2 will play the streams fine when served by the ET8500. Unfortunately, the ET won't fit in my AV cabinet downstairs and the Duo2 won't fit in the space I have in the bedroom. For now, I have remained on verion 3.2.004 but didn't want to get left too far behind in the upgrade department.

Are there any other ET8500 users out there who could try using RCSC to access another receiver and see if you have a similar experience?

I am happy to attach debug logs if it helps.

Cheers, Mark

Clabs
21-01-16, 20:59
Sorry to bump an old thread but I am still experiencing problems with RCSC on all builds after 004.

After a restart, the first 4 or 5 channels play perfectly, but after that, it is pretty hit or miss whether the next channel will play without stalling or stuttering badly or play perfectly again. My original post mentioned HD FTA channels (probably mostly tested those because they are at the top of my channel list) but it actually affects pretty much every and any channel.

I also tried using Fallback Remote Receiver but I see exactly the same flaky behaviour so I guess those 2 methods share the same basic way of streaming.

As soon as I flash back to 3.2.004 the problem goes away.

I would really like to move to a newer build because I noticed that the media player side of things works far better since the Gstreamer update (correct aspect ration, FFW & FRW) but because there is no opportunity to run any cables to the tuners on the ET8500 at present, that makes watching live tv a no go.

I know that there are not too many ET8500 owners on here but for any that do read this, I would really appreciate it if you could try connecting to another receiver and see if you experience the same problem.

Cheers, Mark

Clabs
11-02-16, 22:09
Just to update - This has been reported to ET-View (Xtrend) as a bug in driver code for 2015-09-07 drivers onwards and they have confirmed that it will be passed directly to their techies for further investigation.

This was only reported to ET yesterday so well done and thanks to them for the fast response.