PDA

View Full Version : ftp issues with VIX 1.3 following restore

daveo_spy
23-12-10, 19:25
Hi Guys,

Something strange happened today, 2 days ago I installed VIX 1.3 and have been impressed with it functionality. I backed all my setting etc and continued to play with it, when i attempted to download the epg it worked well. I shut down and turned off power from the main supply (as I had to change a a faulty light dimmer switch - long story). when I attempted to put it on, it froze on the "loading enigma 2" screen, after remaining like this for about 10 minutes I tried again, and again it froze. I thought no problem I shall do a restore using the VIX image on the usb and restore my settings from hdd. This worked fine however, when I attempt to ftp to the vu from my laptop I can't. i have never had a problem with this before and when I attempted to ftp to my brothers vu (using his ip address) it connects fine. I have been attempting to ftp to this box but get "ERROR SOCKET NOT CONNECTED" when I know the ip address and connections are correct.
network test are all good so hence I dont know what to do.

p.s following the restore I get an error message unable to listen on webcontrol port 192.xxx.x.x.xx:80

Questions
(a) does restore re-assign a password which lock you out when ftping.
(b) I have re-installed image and attempted with restore and setting up manually no joy. so i do a factory restore.

The cables are fine and so is he switch. I have ftped a thousand times to this box hence I am stumped.

Any suggestions?

daveo_spy
25-12-10, 13:00
Solved. It did not like the ip address it had been given for months and i need to reassign it a new ip address. bizarre but it fixed it.