PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Newbie needs guidance

bulmers
02-11-15, 14:07
Im expecting my new VU+ Duo2 to arrive tomorrow. So Ive got a couple of questions. Wondering if theres anything I can be doing today to help with the OpenViX setup tomorrow.

1. Ive got a 500Gb Seagate Pipeline HD HDD currently formatted to NTFS. Will it be ok to install as it is and let the VU+ format it, Or should I reformat it to FAT32 before connecting it internally to the VU+ ?

2. Im hoping that my SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB flash drive will arrive today. Im hoping to use this for CrossEPG and picons. How should I partition and format this drive? Its a large drive and I know I wont need it all for the EPG and picons. Is there any other good use for this drive while it will be plugged into the back of the VU+. Maybe swapfile aswell ?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
02-11-15, 14:16
1/ You will be fine initialising your HDD as it is through Settings.
2/ Store epg data to your HDD and I would personally store your picons to the internal flash as the Vu+ Duo2 has plenty of flash.
MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT SETUP A SWAPFILE ON THE DUO2!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulmers
02-11-15, 14:19
Thanks Andy. So your saying that I dont need the USB flash drive?

Just curious to why i should not use a swapfile for the DUO2?

Thanks

mickyblueys
02-11-15, 14:23
Use your usb for timeshift

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

bulmers
02-11-15, 14:27
Use your usb for timeshift

Is there an advantage to use the USB flash drive for timeshift instead of using the internal HDD?

Thanks

mickyblueys
02-11-15, 14:37
Yes it just means your hdd, is not constantly spinning up.

Andy_Hazza
02-11-15, 14:48
Use HDD for timeshift, really no need to use the usb for anything. You have a Duo2, ample ample flash n memory.

Andy_Hazza
02-11-15, 14:50
You are asking for trouble if you use a swapfile on a Duo2. Now if you were talking about a Vu+ Duo or Vu+ Solo and other low memory receivers then a swapfile is of benefit, but NO NO NO, not on the Duo2.

bulmers
02-11-15, 15:10
Thanks guys, Ill have plenty more questions for you over the next few days Im sure :D

Silly question; Should I flash the latest "Apollo", "Hades" or 3.2 version?

Andy_Hazza
02-11-15, 15:18
3.2-020 is the latest image. Apollo and Hades are no longer supported.

Willmoore
02-11-15, 15:39
If you have ordered from WOS they will flash the latest image for you.

bulmers
03-11-15, 16:25
Got the box and flashed openvix 3.2 20. Then I used AutoBouqetsMaker to scan Uk and Saorview (Irish Terrestrial channels).

So in the UK Bouquet I have :
101 BBC One
102 BBC Two
103 Itv

And in the Saorview Bouquet I have :
1 RTE One
2 RTE Two
3 TV3

Now Id like to add the Saorview channels to the beginning of the UK Bouquet and end up with this:

1 RTE One
2 RTE Two
3 TV3
101 BBC One
102 BBC Two
103 Itv

But instead I get this :

1 RTE One
2 RTE Two
3 TV3
104 BBC One
105 BBC Two
106 Itv

The UK numbers are changing but Id like them to stay at 101,102,103

Is this possible?

Thanks

s2tephen
03-11-15, 16:54
Go search /download ( Dreamboxedit )
You don't need anything else

bulmers
03-11-15, 17:32
Ive had a look at dreambox edit. But when I load the channel list I can see no reference to the "101" part of "101 BBC One"

s2tephen
03-11-15, 17:59
Are you trying to make a custom bouquet with your favourite channels in it.
If so, You do not need to worry about the 101 102 as I think this is just really a reference

In the Bouquets part of dreambox edit right click on TV user bouquets and insert a new bouquet and call it what you like.
Then copy and paste into it the tv programs you wish to have and sort them by hightlighting the channel holding the mouse button down and dragging to where you want.
Hit the save button and upload the bouquet to the box.
You can then go to to the Autobouquetmaker section and go to keep bouquets and put a tick in the new one you have made , It will then be save in auto bouquets and will not be deleted if you rescan.

bulmers
03-11-15, 18:20
Thanks s2tephen but It might be easier to if I was to just add the Irish terrestrial channels to the start of the ready made UK bouquet which I can do without Dreamboxedit, And Just keep the UK numbering system.

Joe_90
03-11-15, 21:44
Set alternative numbering on and you will retain the Freesat/SKY numbering starting at 101. Not near my ViX box at the moment so I can't post the exact menu. I have a custom mix bouquet for both SKY and Freesat which places the Saorview channels at the top of the bouquet, followed by the UK sat channels. Post a reply if you want me to attach a copy later...

bulmers
03-11-15, 22:08
Id love to learn how to do that.

Did you make the list from the box or did you put it together with a channel editor on a PC?

bulmers
04-11-15, 02:24
Got Dreamboxedit working. Got me list sorted.
Thanks for the help lads. :D

Just one thing;
When I sent the channel list back to the box from Dreamboxedit all the unused channel numbers now show up as greyed out <n/a>
e.g.
1-100 <n/a>
And anywhere else where theres gaps in the uk numbers.

Can I stop the Duo2 from displaying these in the list?

s2tephen
04-11-15, 08:10
go to setup / system / EPG / Graphical EPG settings / Skip empty services

I think

Set up lot of things in EPG with this.
Also when you are in the EPG press menu to get into it as well.

bulmers
04-11-15, 13:32
Thanks s2tephen tried that but no luck. But I can live with it. The main thing is that Ive managed to use Dreamboxedit to organise my channels just the way I want :D

Now Ill move onto the topic of Picons
If I go Menu>Plugins>Download Plugins>Picons I get a list but 28.2e is not there.

Wheres the best place to download a full set of picons for 28.2e and maybe Saorview ?

Thanks

Sicilian
04-11-15, 13:36
Menu>Plugins>Download Plugins>Picons I get a list but 28.2e is not there.

Wheres the best place to download a full set of picons for 28.2e and maybe Saorview ?

Thanks

Install the Ocram picon.xyc feed. Menu > Plugins > Press Green > Feeds. Once installed reboot your receiver. In picons you will then see a selection of dirtysnp picons, take your pick. Also see here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/picons-channel-icons/

bulmers
04-11-15, 15:26
Just the trick. Thank you:D

bulmers
09-11-15, 13:53
Any recommendations for the "Fan Control" settings?
The default is:

Fan 1 PWM : 10 clicks to the right (980 rpm)
Standby fan 1 PWM : 0

Thanks