PDA

View Full Version : zero remote - intermittent

tagteam3283
01-11-15, 10:59
hi guys,

has anyone had issues with the remove working on the zero?

scenario:
i install image, all working fine and remote working on Sony TV for days, next to a PC and hifi unit.

then move the box into the next room, lay on top or an LG BR player just below an LG TV and the remote goes nuts.

press, down down, down - and nothing, then all of a sudden it starts working and moves down three times.

when i press a remote button the little led blinks each time.

tried putting in the IR extender, moving the end of it as far as can away from the tv etc and no change.

move the box back int the other room with Sony TV setup and works fine straight away with and without thew IR extender.

tried new and old VIX images, same results. These are fresh installs with cccam 2.3v4, ABM & EPG.

driving my barny - any ideas?

regards
tagteam

PS - ive installed about 10 of these zero in houses and only problems are there when the owners have and LG TV's.

Sicilian
01-11-15, 11:08
Any low energy bulbs in that room?

judge
01-11-15, 11:08
Try good brand strong batteries.

Larry-G
01-11-15, 11:15
Does this room have any energy saving light bulbs etc?. as they are known to cause havoc with Infra red remote controls.

tagteam3283
01-11-15, 11:17
cheers for the quick replied chaps.

certainly not batteries, only use duracell or fully charged eneloop but will check the bulbs. thing it the problem persists when the light isnt on - would this make a diff?

update: so no energy saving bulbs