PDA

View Full Version : New box what plugins do I need

Javajoeuk
01-11-15, 10:10
Hi all just bought a new box off the sponsor et10000 what plugins do you think I should look at to increase the enjoyment trying to get the family away from the sly box is a challenge.
What plugin do I use to allow streaming to a pc on the same network.
Thanks

Sicilian
01-11-15, 10:17
To allow streaming on a PC simply open your browser and enter the ip of your xtrend box, you will then see the web interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
01-11-15, 10:22
No disrespect but why do you need plugins to enjoy the receiver ? it's a satellite receiver (could also be cable or terrestrial but thats beside the point). Basically setup the box to read your sky card and go from there.

What I am trying to say is spend a little time using the box as it's intended to be used, then when your happy with the way it works experiment a little with plugins etc. Dont try to throw every single plugin you find onto it before you have a grasp on the basics, because if you do that you will end up with little to no hair and a wife / kids that are diving you mental when things dont work as expected.

Javajoeuk
01-11-15, 10:23
Thanks Sicilian would they be able to watch recordings from the web interface?

Sicilian
01-11-15, 10:24
Thanks Sicilian would they be able to watch recordings from the web interface?

Yes you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javajoeuk
01-11-15, 10:27
Thanks Larry-G I know what you mean got it working OK getting to grips with the epg and finding out what all the buttons do but sometimes there might be a little gem that the just hidden away.

Larry-G
01-11-15, 10:32
Thanks Larry-G I know what you mean got it working OK getting to grips with the epg and finding out what all the buttons do but sometimes there might be a little gem that the just hidden away.

To be honest I use my E2 boxes for the basics of watching and recording live TV and it does those basics extremely well as it should, every thing else regardless of the sales patter from the manufacturer etc should only be considered as a bonus, even playing media files has limitations in E2. for streaming and watching internet content I use a Fire TV box / stick and as thats what they do best and at a fraction of the cost of a E2 box in 99 percent of cases.