PDA

View Full Version : Crossepg problem - please help

supathug
23-12-10, 11:14
Hi Guys,

Noticed this morning that the EPG hadnt downloaded last night. I have it set to download automatically at 4am every morning and it is usually fine. I tried a manual download and about halfway through the EPG download the box crashes and enigma2 is restarted. Crash logs are posted below. Anyone know whats going on?

I have the EPG downloading to the local HDD in the box using SKY UK openTV providers on 28.2.

Thanks

pooface
23-12-10, 13:29
Have you got a usb stick connected to your box? Is the hdd a usb hdd? Looks like it could be having problems with the usb looking at the logs, and also with the swap... Andy will get back to you probably with more info :p

supathug
23-12-10, 14:04
Hi mate,

Its a SATA hard drive internal to the box. I have a 64MB USB stick in the back which contains a swapfile but nothing else.

pooface
23-12-10, 14:07
Hi mate,

Its a SATA hard drive internal to the box. I have a 64MB USB stick in the back which contains a swapfile but nothing else.

Try disabling your swap, see if that helps... If not, then shutdown box, remove the usb altogether and try again.

I've been having problems with my swap causing the box to really slow down. After changing over to a usb hdd rather than a usb swap, it seems to have sped the box right up again...

supathug
23-12-10, 15:38
ok - after disabling swap and rebooting it seems to be working again. I've since found that my USB stick was mounted as /dev/usb2 when it should be /dev/usb which is what was probably causing swap issues. I'll keep an eye on it mate. Thanks again.

Stanman
24-12-10, 19:35
it should be mounted as /dev/sdb1

silverfox0786
24-12-10, 19:37
it should be mounted as /dev/sdb1

thats actually where the stick is located the mountpont should be

/media/usb

supathug
25-12-10, 10:54
yeh sorry guys - can confirm the mountpoint is at /media/usb. EPG has been downloading fine over the last few days sp hopefully the problem is sorted. Thanks again for all your help.

dfdream
27-12-10, 18:48
Anyone having problem with Crossepg and Opentv UK downloads.
Just noticed that nothing was downloaded in the last 3-4 days.
Also the spelling in some of the descriptions is way off too.
Was fine upto few days back.
EPG seems to be becoming an issue since Vix 1.3, I know the the suppliers too are having issues.
But opentv is provided by the Satelite signal so I cant see whats going wrong.
My crossepg database files are downloaded to SATA HDD.
As for disabling the swap file... Wasnt it firat enabled in VIX 1.3 to help the EPG run.

mrhdooley
27-12-10, 21:16
[QUOTE= Wasnt it firat enabled in VIX 1.3 to help the EPG run.[/QUOTE]

I have been having problems with swapfile disabling itself when restarting box and some general freezing of box with the VIX spinning logo. I reflashed today and set the epg to be stored to the HDD. I then used the epg import without setting up a swap file. I have more or less every rytec source downloading as I have a motor, and it did it with no problems whatsoever, no crashing my box.
I originally had posted about epg crashing my box and i was told to use a swapfile as the internal flash memory was full and this crashed my box, this fixed my problem then.
I had since noticed that when reflashing, the epg import is set to save to internal flash by default, and the epg import will crash my box, but by changing it to save to HDD I dont need a swap file (so far!)

I have read on other forums that a swap file, although allowing more things to be loaded, can slow your box down. I have to say, that at this point in time, my box is running much better without the swap file. This could change though!

Palinkat
28-12-10, 11:51
Hey Mrhdooley,

Have a look at this post. Swap on USB sticks will depend on the USB stick transfer rate.
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4657-Random-GUI-freezes.

Hope this helps

mrhdooley
31-12-10, 12:06
Thanks, I was using the internal hard drive as swap. I am not sure if it had something to do with the auto-standby or not, or just the swapfile in general, but I used to get the spinning VIX logo a lot. I have been running for about a week now with no swapfile, and it has not missed a beat! and as I said, I download nearly every rytec source, so if the swapfile is mainly for epg, it seems that if you set to store it on HDD, you don't need the swapfile.

As I have posted before, I have read on other forums that a swap file can slow your box down and make it sluggish, so if I don't need it for the epg, I am better of not using one? Could a developer confirm this? The truth be told, I and maybe others don't always fully understand these things.

Regards

leecovuk
05-01-11, 21:37
I have no luck with CrossEPG. I do manual downloads and the data appears to be downloading, but then it doesn't appear in the GUI.

Can anybody confirm if CrossEPG is or isn't working properly on ViX 1.3?

If it is working for you, could you please take the trouble to explain specifically what you are doing. Please include details of the location where you are saving the EPG data and how you set up for that.

Thank you,
Lee
UK

Stanman
06-01-11, 14:15
I had a similar problem with EPG not downloading and manual download basically hanging on channel list and than disappearing as if it had downloaded it - I tried all sorts of things in the end unrelated to this I scanned the channels and EPG also started working. I had updated my bouquets before the problem occurred and also sent a LAMBD to the box.

It may be purely coincidental but a full rescan worked for me.