PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] timeshift start stutters

2stein
01-11-15, 09:48
always thought that the stutter when you press pause to start timeshift is caused by the spinup of the harddisk.
so, i tried to circumvent this by using a usb-stick for timeshift. but it turns out that this doesn't fix the issue. it behaves slightly different but still stutters.
so, the spinning disk is not the cause of the problem.
must be a buffering or so bug.
would appreciate a fix.
thanks.

judge
01-11-15, 10:35
would appreciate a fix.
thanks.

Would appreciate a multi million company paying proper wages to a E2 developer to code...
Won't happen anytime soon.

2stein
01-11-15, 17:58
Would appreciate a multi million company paying proper wages to a E2 developer to code...
Won't happen anytime soon.
don't waste your breath, judge.

realdannys
06-11-15, 12:45
always thought that the stutter when you press pause to start timeshift is caused by the spinup of the harddisk.
so, i tried to circumvent this by using a usb-stick for timeshift. but it turns out that this doesn't fix the issue. it behaves slightly different but still stutters.
so, the spinning disk is not the cause of the problem.
would appreciate a fix.
thanks.

I posted this, in another thread but didn't get a reply. Was told previously that if you have constant timeshift on it shouldn't happen, but it does. Just something we've got to live with I guess, they don't appear to be able to do it any better than it is now.

I would like a TimeShift option to start automatically once channel is locked though. Would be better than 2secs, 5sec etc. I usually leave it on about 20 as my motorised dish will sometimes take longer than 20 seconds to pick up, but that means for Astra2 i'm wasting 20 seconds, so again, start once locked would be perfect.

2stein
06-11-15, 19:16
in the meantime i tried the oe timeshift code... same thing. so, the problem in vix is inherited from oe.
will reporting to oe help?

2stein
09-11-15, 10:22
i have reported the problem in the openpli forum as well and it looks like this problem not only appears on vu+ but also on xtrend.

2stein
23-01-16, 15:30
bug is still there in 35.