PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Box freezes

tomos
29-10-15, 22:07
Hi All,

My duo2 occasionally freezes the only pattern i've noticed it seems to happen whilst recording ITV Encore +1 23:00, I've attached the latest log, hoping someone could help me understand the information contained in the log?

Thanks

2stein
01-11-15, 09:40
hard to say... i had a duo that would hang once a week or so... and i thought it was caused by code. but it wasn't... finally after a hang it didn't boot anymore. broken hardware. just one potential cause.

DaMacFunkin
01-11-15, 09:45
My first Duo2 Started the same and then downward spiralled so it wouldn't boot or flash anymore, i had it replaced under warranty after VU+ in the UK had it for over 2 weeks without being able to fix it.

DaMacFunkin
01-11-15, 09:49
Had a quick look at your log and there is nothing obviously wrong, so it is either Hardware failure and it total locks up, or the last entry is Mgcamd 1.38 softcam check, maybe try a different cam, or maybe the problem is something else we won't talk about.

Sicilian
01-11-15, 09:59
Lol, hardware failure?? Bit early to suggest that!

Re-flash complete fresh. Do no restore and backups or settings. Do not install anything extra. Simply complete the 1st install wizard, scan and use as free to air. Test that way. Then if ok add things one at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
01-11-15, 10:03
He does say it only seems to happen during recording ITV Encore +1 which is an encrypted channel and the last enrtry is cam related that's why i was leaning more towards his cam side of things being a problem. Oh and it could be total Hardware Annihilation LOL.

tomos
02-11-15, 21:09
Thanks all for your help, I'll reflash and see if that cures the problem