PDA

View Full Version : mutant 1200 hd wifi?

owenybhoy
28-10-15, 16:03
Hi all, I decided to buy a new box for another room (mutant hd 1200). I have always used a lan connection before but this time I opted for the wifi dongle(giga blue n).
I cannot get it to work, can anyone point me in the right direction. I downloaded the driver from the plug in page but I cannot see an option to select wifi on the network set up page. Thanks in advance

aido
28-10-15, 16:09
Silly question but you have rebooted the box after installing the driver?

owenybhoy
28-10-15, 16:30
Silly question but you have rebooted the box after installing the driver?
yes, several times

aido
28-10-15, 16:46
It's this one right?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-WiFi/Gigablue-Golden-Interstar-VU-Technomate-Miraclebox-xtrend-USB-300-mbps-wifi-adapter-wireless-lan-wlan

I set one of these up last week and once I'd added the RTL8192CU driver from the plugins it popped up in networking settings after a reboot.

It might be worth enabling debug logging to see what it thinks is happening and maybe also try the adaptor in another port on the box and failing that try it in a PC to see if it detects it just to make sure it's working.

owenybhoy
28-10-15, 17:20
I've installed the adaptor on my laptop and I had to reflash an image on the box via usb so the adaptor and usb are ok.

owenybhoy
29-10-15, 12:08
It's this one right?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-WiFi/Gigablue-Golden-Interstar-VU-Technomate-Miraclebox-xtrend-USB-300-mbps-wifi-adapter-wireless-lan-wlan

I set one of these up last week and once I'd added the RTL8192CU driver from the plugins it popped up in networking settings after a reboot.

It might be worth enabling debug logging to see what it thinks is happening and maybe also try the adaptor in another port on the box and failing that try it in a PC to see if it detects it just to make sure it's working.

Thanks Aido, that driver was the one that worked. cheers