PDA

View Full Version : Reciever using 4g dongle / wifi hotspot ? For caravan.

darrenduds20
28-10-15, 02:33
Currently have a zero and a duo 2 and am wanting to be able to use the zero whilst away in my caravan with my ee 4g wifi hotspot . How much data does the reciever use to decrypt? Is it something that can be done? I already have a 4g ee wifi hotspot and am about to buy a satellite dish on a tripod and sat finder if the above works. Thanks Darren

kegnkiwi
28-10-15, 07:59
It will not use much data but more importantly is the ping time of your connection. It will work and hopefuly 4g ping times are better than 3g.

judge
28-10-15, 08:27
If you bring your subbed card with you, it will use no data for decryption...
4G is fine though even on a teathered mobile phone.

darrenduds20
28-10-15, 11:32
Thanks guys. Some carvan sites I dont het any signal at all on my dongle, is there anyway around having to have an Internet connection? Thanks Darren

Busterroo
28-10-15, 11:46
Thanks guys. Some carvan sites I dont het any signal at all on my dongle, is there anyway around having to have an Internet connection? Thanks Darren

A genuine subbed card from sky would do the trick:p

darrenduds20
28-10-15, 11:51
I do have one but don't have the full channels subscription. Looking for another option really :)

Larry-G
28-10-15, 17:14

yes as already stated use a legitimate sky uk subscription card ie pay sky not some scumbag cardserver for your channels, that way you wont need any form of internet connection to watch tv.

I do have one but don't have the full channels subscription. Looking for another option really :)

Wrong forum for that kind of discussion.