PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] RemoteChannelStreamConverter & EPG

zino
27-10-15, 20:41
I'm using RemoteChannelStreamConverter on my 2nd box to view Cable channels frm my 1st box downstairs.
Major problem is EPG doesn't appear to work for the remote channels.

How do I get it to load EPG for remote cable bouquets?

Larry-G
27-10-15, 20:42
you could start by sticking to one thread rather than three !!.

zino
27-10-15, 20:52
you could start by sticking to one thread rather than three !!.

3? There were 2.
I started in wrong place as the nature of the problem turned out to be different to where I thought it was.
Started a new one in right area as forum wouldn't let me edit the post as it had been 30mins.
Started one in right area and went back to try to delete first one, and it disappeared (guessing someone removed it).

Anyway, the problem stands, any ideas Larry?

Rob van der Does
28-10-15, 04:39
The most simple solution is to run the plugin 'XMLTV-importer' on the client box.

zino
28-10-15, 05:19
The most simple solution is to run the plugin 'XMLTV-importer' on the client box.
Yes, I have already tried it as I've explored all simple solutions. It isn't working for cable channels.

Currently exploring using server box to do all the EPG stuff, then mount the actual location it is stored in, on the client box, and just Load (Refresh) the EPG from the server box. Boxes are acting "buggy" at the moment so once they start behaving I should be able to explore this.

Any other ideas?

Rob van der Does
28-10-15, 06:05
No: the epg.dat load stuff is the next best option.

realdannys
12-11-15, 20:21
Can I just add to this tread because i'm experiencing the same issue. I'm not using RemoteChannelStreamConverter as I don't like the way it names the bouquets so I just sync them from my server box to the client each night so it also automatically gets its updated ABM.

However i'm also getting no EPG data, I can't even find the epg.dat on the server box to copy over as well, it should be on the hard drive somewhere but it isn't there.

hammyboy
12-11-15, 21:45
i have a similar setup with a duo2 as my main box upstairs with twin cable tuner.
i have solo2 downstairs with RemoteChannelStreamConverter installed.

on the duo2 i have set the epg location as media/usb to store the epg.dat file
i use the epg_refresh plugin on the duo2 which is set to get a daily update of the vm epg data stream.

on the solo2 i have mounted the usb of the duo2 as an nfs share
i have set the epg location on the solo2 as - media/autofs/DUO2
in the epg settings i have set automatically refresh and automatically save both to no as i found if i det either of these to yes then i seemed to overwrite the file with a blank one.
i just manually load the epg from the setup menu whenever necessary.

the duo2 will normally get a refreshed 7 day epg as i have set automatically refresh and save both to yes.

if the location of the epg.dat file on the server box is mounted correctly on the client box you should set it in the mount locations it is around 4-5mb

i did find that it can behave a bit temperamental at times maybe with updating a plugin or something and the epg.dat file disappears on the client box but it usually resolved by refreshing the epg on the server and possibly re-booting then re-loading on the client box and re-booting that also but most of the time i find it very useable.

both boxes running 021

hope this helps
ham