PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Solo2, 2 x usb tuner (Sundtek)?

rebane
27-10-15, 12:30
I have Solo2 running with 1 x USB dvb-T tuner (Sundtek) flawlessly.
Now I wanted to add the 2nd USB dvb-T2 tuner (Sundtek, too).
Problem is, I can make only 1 tuner running at a time.

I have tried swapping USB slots and USB extension, with or without powered USB hub.
Still only 1 tuner at a time (the 2nd is powered when booting, but powered off after booting is done).

Sundtek Control Center recognizes 2 usb tuners.
Vix recognizes 2 usb tuners under tuner configuration menu.

Is it related to the capability of Solo2 or is there some setup action that I have not looked at?

DaMacFunkin
27-10-15, 13:33
I run 2 Sundtek tuners on a duo2, there are a lot of options in the sundtek plug in but I find set up your first tuner in plug in, make sure it is set correctly and that auto start is selected, now press blue button which is save and start tuner, permissions should now be written for frontend access and enigma should restart, after restart go back into sundtek control and set correct parameters for second tuner, then press blue button again this will authorise frontend access for the second tuner, enigma will restart again.
Now if you go into tuner configuration via vix setup you should see the 2 tuners listed for you to assign their settings.
One enigma restart for some reason doesn't start both tuners.

rebane
28-10-15, 08:39
Thanks a ton!
I made a fresh clean install (latest vix build, latest Sundtek Control Center) and added/saved the tuners
one at a time.
Got it working.
Although there might be a Vu+ driver issue, as the there are now some sound and picture glitches (especially with T2 tuner).
Otherwise all good.