PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo + or similar wanted please

MisterB1959
27-10-15, 10:07
hi, I am looking to buy a decent vu duo + please. must have twin sat tuners and pref with hard drive. I am upgrading (from a zgemma) so will consider other receivers that give the same performance of the vu duo +.

if you are offering anything else please state the benefits of your receiver over the vu duo + . I am in Essex so could collect if youre local and pay cash or paypal.

I don't need lots of extra slots, card reading stuff etc as I am VERY new to this and wouldn't have a clue on what to do with them! :eek:

MUST HAVE A RECEIPT - NOT INTERESTED IN CLONES, thanks :thumbsup:

Sicilian
27-10-15, 15:36
You should consider the Xtrend ET9500 ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Xtrend-Linux-HD-Receivers/Xtrend-ET-9500-2x-DVB-S-S2

Larry-G
27-10-15, 20:50
hi, I am looking to buy a decent vu duo + please. must have twin sat tuners and pref with hard drive. I am upgrading (from a zgemma) so will consider other receivers that give the same performance of the vu duo +.

if you are offering anything else please state the benefits of your receiver over the vu duo + . I am in Essex so could collect if youre local and pay cash or paypal.

I don't need lots of extra slots, card reading stuff etc as I am VERY new to this and wouldn't have a clue on what to do with them! :eek:

MUST HAVE A RECEIPT - NOT INTERESTED IN CLONES, thanks :thumbsup:

Beware of those advertising receivers or any other product with xxx amount of "warranty" left on it.

Even with the original receipt once a item passes from the original buyer to any thirdparty the original retailer is no longer legally obliged to honor any remaining warranty period regardless of the age of the item, they can choose to honor any remaining warranty but its at their discretion and not a legal obligation.

cactikid
27-10-15, 21:36
no look at better boxes as i have a duo which is old and slow on new images,as said above xtrends getting very popular.;)

MisterB1959
28-10-15, 18:00
thanks, will I notice a significant difference from a zgemma - I am leaning towards the xtrend et8000 at the moment, I just want to get it right !!

Larry-G
28-10-15, 19:22
thanks, will I notice a significant difference from a zgemma - I am leaning towards the xtrend et8000 at the moment, I just want to get it right !!

yes the zgemma is a relatively low powered receiver, plus you will have the peace of mind that comes with a genuine receiver that has undergone a battery of safety tests and will be fully covered with a legally binding warranty. The zgemma has neither of these as it's a PRC special (peoples republic of china) counterfeit.

MisterB1959
29-10-15, 10:34
To be honest, other than the speed of response, I think the zgemma is a good entry level receiver for the price. but as I now need a new receiver I am prepared to pay the extra price for a better receiver and want to get it right rather than regret not just getting another zgemma or even a zgemma h 2s if they ever become available !

what I cant seem to find out is what extra the xtrend gives me as the end user in terms of performance - bearing on mind all I really want to do is watch tv either on line or via sat dish? is it just speed and aesthetics or is there something I am missing???

judge
29-10-15, 10:52
is it just speed and aesthetics or is there something I am missing???

Safety checks, a warranty, official images, support....
A box made to do what it's supposed to do...

MisterB1959
29-10-15, 11:08
but it works for me the end user who just watches tv and at a third of the price of what I am looking to spend. I don't mind spending the money but I don't want to be disappointed if its just a fraction faster.

can you be more specific about what extra I will get by spending the extra money - in terms of performance, extras etc or is it 'peace of mind' - which as a zgemma only costs around £60, I can live with!

Bazzer
29-10-15, 11:59
Just a little bit of advise m8 I got stung a few years ago with a cloned box , yep worked great for a few month's then the problems started.No one on the end of the line for support no website to help with your issues. To cut a long story short I will always recommend getting a official receiver and I will tell you now this is the best forum by far for support etc. Mods and everyone else will help you the best they can . At the end of the day it's your decision but if you go with the zgemma I wish you luck .

MisterB1959
29-10-15, 13:20
thanks for your response and the info - much appreciated.

I guess it comes down to risk aversion as opposed to what more a 'new' receiver would give over the zgemma. I was sort of hoping the xtrend et8000 et al would have given much more in terms of performance and what exras if any they provide.

Sicilian
29-10-15, 13:25
thanks for your response and the info - much appreciated.

I guess it comes down to risk aversion as opposed to what more a 'new' receiver would give over the zgemma. I was sort of hoping the xtrend et8000 et al would have given much more in terms of performance and what exras if any they provide.

ET8000:
Up to 3 plug and play tuners.
Quality hardware.
Two year hardware warranty.
Official support from many 3rd party teams.
Dual core 1.3Ghz CPU.

Zgemma are a piece of junk provided by people who make false claims of support. Where on OpenViX site does it claim OpenViX supports Zgemma? Yet they claim support. Like comparing a Mini to a Ferrari.

MisterB1959
29-10-15, 13:39
thanks for the analogy, though the last time i was allowed out (which admittedly isn't often) I do remember seeing more minis being driven along the motorway quite happily than I saw Ferraris ..... some of the mini drivers even looked happy, blissfully unaware of their limitations but quite content with its performance

that isn't to say I wont buy an et 8000 though ....

jimbojones1989
01-11-15, 09:10
Hello mate, I'm selling a technomate tm nano 3t combo for £160 if you're interested. It has 2 sat tuners and one hybrid dvbc/t tuner for cable or terrestrial. It runs Enigma 2.
Bought from world of sat in March so has receipt and all and a few months return to base warranty too all the plastic is still on the box and barring a tiny scratch at the back near HDMI port (from when the kids were fumbling around with their xbox) its in pristine condition.
I'm in Heathrow/Slough area or I can arrange for local pickup from a trusted friend near Medway uni in Gillingham if that suits you. I have it up on gumtree and shpock also.

Larry-G
01-11-15, 10:13
but it works for me the end user who just watches tv and at a third of the price of what I am looking to spend. I don't mind spending the money but I don't want to be disappointed if its just a fraction faster.

can you be more specific about what extra I will get by spending the extra money - in terms of performance, extras etc or is it 'peace of mind' - which as a zgemma only costs around £60, I can live with!

Yes I can see how a E2 box for £60 looks like a good deal but in this case it's not that good at all. For starters the zgemma has undergone no safety checks what so ever, it's put together in a Chinese sweat shop using inferior parts, unskilled labor and then drop-shipped in mass quantities to frankly idiots who dont know any better. Even the plug they give you is a clone and a dangerous one at that.

Now personally I could care less what you buy. I have no ulterior motives, I am not affiliated with any traders nor trying to sell you any thing, just pointing out some things that those peddling these boxes dont want you to know.

Now as to the benefits of spending a little more on a genuine product.

you get a genuine high quality product, with full legally binding warranty (You dont have a leg to stand on with clones). If your genuine box does develop a fault your warranty will cover it as is supposed to happen unless it has been deliberately abused, with clones if it goes wrong you basically have to bin it or ship it back to china at usually more cost that you paid for it in the first place and even then your in a lottery as to getting it fixed or replaced. And clones have a alarmingly high failure rate.

you have genuine image support, with clones you have a few dodgy CS sites that in reality are usually fronts for large CS networks who sell the boxes them selves.

And last but not least you have peace of mind that with a genuine box that has undergone a full battery of safety checks that it's not going to burst into flames in the middle of the night killing your family as the clones could, and No i'm not scaremongering.

Take your clone to a certified electrician or trading standards and have them run a few simple safety checks on it, you may find the results a little sobering if not totally and utterly horrifying.

If you don't care about any of the above but are more interested in the "specs" of various boxes then ask and i'm sure some one could post up those specs for you to compare but I personally would not have a clone in my house.

The only reason I would personally ever have a clone would be to take it into a field on camera and shoot it with a 12 gauge shotgun to put on youtube and thats about it.

Busterroo
02-11-15, 19:05
Just replaced my parents duo with an xtrend 9500. I have to say I'ts very impressive, looks great and is pretty quick. It's streets ahead of the zgemma star2 I set up for a mate a few weeks back. My brother has the 8000 which is a great box but the silver facade let's it down a bit imo. Final word, if you can afford the 8000 and don't mind the silver it's a top end box and has a much nicer remote than the 9500. Either box won't disappoint though.