PDA

View Full Version : Monoblock LNB and 4 way switch

marvinx
04-05-10, 12:00
I have 2 dishes, one at 28.2 and the other at hotbird , using a 4 way DiSEqC switch. I want to change the LNB on the hotbird dish to have a monoblock for 13/19 degrees. Now I assume this is also switched by DiSEqC internally. Im using a Dreambox dm800. With this work with both the switch and the mono block? If so how do I configure it

Thanks in advance

Sicilian
04-05-10, 12:26
I dont know for sure, but dont think you will be able to use a monoblock and DiSEqC switch together. I'd recommend a multi LNB holder with 2 LNB's for the dish pointing to hotbird/astra. Then connect all 3 LNB's to the DiSEqC switch.

The tuner settings would be: -

Configuration Mode = Simple
Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
The configure the 3 satellites to each port as they are connected.

marvinx
04-05-10, 12:33
I dont know for sure, but dont think you will be able to use a monoblock and DiSEqC switch together. I'd recommend a multi LNB holder with 2 LNB's for the dish pointing to hotbird/astra. Then connect all 3 LNB's to the DiSEqC switch.

The tuner settings would be: -

Configuration Mode = Simple
Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
The configure the 3 satellites to each port as they are connected.

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I don't want to spend too much money on it, as I was just throwing up my old analogue Pace dish for some extra channels. I have no idea what LNB holder would fit, or where to get one from, there isn't any on the sponsors page. Anyone any ideas.
There are dual output blocks knocking around, designed for twin tuner use, is there any way I could get this to work with the switch?

TIA

Sicilian
04-05-10, 12:47
There a multi lnb holder here http://www.*********.co.uk/Dishes-and-Dish-Packs-Satellite-Dishes/c73_78/index.html but its specifically for Orbital dishes. In all honesty for the cost involved I fit a DiSEqC motor.