PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] HDMI-CEC - Box switching itself back on.

realdannys
23-10-15, 13:15
Hi guys,

I've tried to make the box as easy as possible for non tech savvy parents to use. They never put their Sky box in standby so to save electricity I thought id make use of the HDMI-CEC with their Samsung TV and have the box switch on and off with the TV.

So this works just fine, powering on/off either the TV or the box will control the other, so my parents can press either on/off button on the remote and it wont matter.

However i've found an issue where after a period of time the box will power itself back up (the TV stays in standby) i'm not sure whats triggering the box to come out of standby. Any ideas if its HDMI-CEC or something else waking it up? (Would Wake on lan turn it on? It's effectively still active on LAN even in standby as my 2nd box can make use of its tuners etc)

2stein
23-10-15, 14:41
i have seen the same behaviour with WOL: box powers up by it's own. seems to be a driver bug. so, disable wol and see if it still powers up.

realdannys
23-10-15, 14:48
Yeah mine just spent 2 hours in standby and as you replied to this, its powered up again.

I'll try turing WOL off, because in standby I can access the box via FTP, my 2nd box, webif etc anyway and none of those appear to wake it up.

realdannys
23-10-15, 17:11
Hmm turned WOL off and it still powered itself back on after a while, its like its getting an erroneous signal from the TV somehow, maybe? I'm not sure what else might switch the box back out of standby.