PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Please read regards current feeds error 20/10/15

Sicilian
20-10-15, 18:06
All OpenViX users, please note that the current feeds issue is becuase Ocrams picons feeds are down. This is causing an error with our feeds.

Either wait for it to come back online or FTP to etc/opkg, delete the ocam conf file.

Build 015 has the Ocram feeds removed, so this won't happen again.

To upgrade to build 015, again either wait for this to correct itself or FTP to etc/opkg, delete the ocam conf file.

iwg
20-10-15, 20:13
Hi all

I had the 014 issue with ocram feed and followed advice as posted. Then saw that -015 was available so online upgraded to that and now find that although I am on -015 running OK with feeds etc active, I am being advised that there is still an upgrade pending - 2 packages. See below for which ones opkg advises:

Do I need to a) wait b) start a new thread or is my update on this one as initial feedback on -015 OK? Happy to oblige in best way to route it rightly.

root@vusolo2:~# opkg list-upgradable
Not selecting libtuxtxt32bpp0 2.0+git60+b6c8d5a as installing it would break exi
sting dependencies.
Not selecting libtuxtxt0 2.0+git60+b6c8d5a as installing it would break existing
dependencies.
root@vusolo2:~#

Sicilian
20-10-15, 22:16
Hi all

I had the 014 issue with ocram feed and followed advice as posted. Then saw that -015 was available so online upgraded to that and now find that although I am on -015 running OK with feeds etc active, I am being advised that there is still an upgrade pending - 2 packages. See below for which ones opkg advises:

Do I need to a) wait b) start a new thread or is my update on this one as initial feedback on -015 OK? Happy to oblige in best way to route it rightly.

Not selecting libtuxtxt32bpp0 2.0+git60+b6c8d5a as installing it would break exi
sting dependencies.
Not selecting libtuxtxt0 2.0+git60+b6c8d5a as installing it would break existing
dependencies.

What was the last time you fresh flashed? Which build number?

raedkuwait
21-10-15, 02:26
all good now

Sicilian
21-10-15, 06:25
Hi all

sting dependencies.
dependencies.

We think most users will get these two packages after an update on a build after 010, a re-flash and restore of settings is fine.

iwg
21-10-15, 18:11
OK - thanks - my last flash was either 9 or 10. Thought that might be the case. When I checked downloads last night -015 wasn't there but it is now so going to flash the download and restore settings. Thanks again

iwg
21-10-15, 18:25
As advised and expected - fresh flash sorted it (-015 that is). Settings and plugins all OK.

linsladeboy
22-10-15, 10:34
Hi everyone, I flashed 015 last night from 09 but noticed picons had disappeared(Bello skin was still there) so thought that I would download again from plugins and restore.
I noticed that there now seems to be a new and limited choice to download( EAST, WEST etc..) but nothing like was available there before.
Is this to do with "OCRAM FEED" issue?

Sicilian
22-10-15, 11:10
Is this to do with "OCRAM FEED" issue?

Yes its been removed because when ocram feeds are down it causes errors with our feeds.

They can be downloaded here
https://picons.xyz/downloads/

linsladeboy
22-10-15, 12:20
Ciao Sicilian, many thanks for update, much appreciated:)
Can I just copy to USB and reboot receiver to work or do I have FTP files over?
Apologies if it sounds basic information request, but all my previous updates have done online via plugins so don't want to brick receiver:confused:

satmanbasil
22-10-15, 13:14
Hi mate

Yes you can download latest build 015 and reflash the box but if you can ftp your receiver the option to go etc/opkg folder and delete the ocram file then reboot the receiver is a much quicker way you can then resume downloads from the plugin folder

regards

linsladeboy
22-10-15, 15:02
ok, thanks again everyone:)

Marvel
23-10-15, 13:00
will we have to manually transfer picons from now on ?

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

be6_2
23-10-15, 13:14
Reread the post and have it working now, many thanks.

roybach
23-10-15, 15:01
Just put the Picon folder on a USB (Fat32) and plug into the STB , the Picon folder will be automatically found by the STB on boot up.

bellejt
23-10-15, 15:18
I always transfer my piconsets-settings-channel lists by FTP to the root folder.Much easyer.

deleted
25-10-15, 21:59
Apologies dear people, for the feed being down, it was unintentional by a mistake I made the previous week after seeing it wasn't building the latest picons... :o

Because I have been busy lately I didn't notice until I was made aware of the problem today. The feed should be up and running again, if it goes offline again, please send me a Private Message...

Again, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

PS: I've enabled email notifications for PM, so that I know straight away...