PDA

View Full Version : Sat Finder

roystheboy
20-10-15, 09:57
Hello could you please help me I need to find the Sat Astra 23.5.E ,I have a Duo 2 receiver and a TM -V Box motor ,how do I go about finding this Sat what do I press in the menu ,there are a few sats stored the engineer that set up my dish did it for me ,I have a 1.2 mtre motorised dish ,do I go to Sat Finder in the menu if so what do I do next hope you can help cheers take care

timofee
20-10-15, 12:47
The Satfinder function does not work with a v-Box positioner.

You need to look at the user manual for your brand of v-Box and follow the instructions to set up a new satellite.

After that you will need to enter the Duo2 menus to set up the 23°e satellite position.

roystheboy
20-10-15, 15:05
Thanks but how do I find the Sat I need cheers take care

Larry-G
20-10-15, 15:57
If you have a smartphone you can get one of the many free sat locator apps from the appropriate apps store. This will show you where you need to point the dish to get the satellite your aiming for, then you just fine tune it as required.

roystheboy
20-10-15, 16:44
Hello Thanks what I have done is gone to satfinder in the menu selected Astra 23.5E and did a search for the Astra sat which I think I have found and scanned it and got 764 chanels dont know if this is right or not ,in the satfinder what should it be on user defined transponder or predefined transponder because when its on Predefined Transponder there is no signal but when i put it on user defined transponder i get a good signal ,but when i go back on the Astra sat in the Sat list there are channels in there but they are greyed out I dont know whats going on i am lost cheers

Larry-G
20-10-15, 16:55
Check the list of channels it scanned in with those on the kos site (king of satellite) for that location. Also as I said if you have a smart phone you can get a app that will basically show you roughly where to pint the dish.

roystheboy
20-10-15, 17:07
I am lost mate I am not getting anywhere with it i am baffled the other sats are fine i dont get it cheers

Larry-G
20-10-15, 17:14
To be honest mate it's been years since I used any thing other than a DiSEqC motor and even then it's been at least two years since I used that. All my four dishes are currently pointed at 28.2 east

roystheboy
20-10-15, 17:21
O.K cheers thanks for your help take care best regards

judge
20-10-15, 17:25
i get a good signal ,but when i go back on the Astra sat in the Sat list there are channels in there but they are greyed out I dont know whats going on i am lost cheers

If the channels are greyed out, it's likely the tuner receiving those channels is currently in use.

Larry-G
20-10-15, 17:26
O.K cheers thanks for your help take care best regards

See if if you can get a response from Huevos, he's a professional satellite installer and should be able to help way more than I can in this area.

Huevos
20-10-15, 17:34
First you need to configure the tuner. What sats dou you already have set up?

roystheboy
20-10-15, 17:37
its got be something to do with the transponders i dont know what else to do cheers

Huevos
21-10-15, 10:10
If you don't answer the questions properly no one is going to be able to help you.

roystheboy
29-10-15, 11:15
thanks for all yur help its sorted now cheers take care best regards