PDA

View Full Version : 2 recievers off 1 lnb question

maca
20-10-15, 09:37
Sorry if this is a daft question but I'm just about to take the plunge and buy a Vu+ solo 2 and I'm a bit confused.
Currently I have 3 cables coming off my lnb ( 2 go to sky box in the living room and one not connected to anything in the bedroom)
If I buy the solo and connect to the spare cable in the bedroom can I use the sky box and the solo at the same time ?

bellejt
20-10-15, 09:41
if you have a lnb with 4 exits : YES

maca
20-10-15, 09:47
Many thanks

Just checked, yes there are 4 connections on the lnb and 3 cables coming from it. As i'm new to all this but pretty I.T. literate, would you recommend he VU+ range, I've done quite a bit of reading and hey seem to be a decent reciever

DaMacFunkin
20-10-15, 09:52
They are a decent reciever that can sometimes have poor support from the manufacturer, but everybody on this site helps out on that front.

maca
20-10-15, 09:59
They are a decent reciever that can sometimes have poor support from the manufacturer, but everybody on this site helps out on that front.

Thanks

The set up I'm thinking of is vu+ solo 2 with a hard drive and the vix image, would you consider this to reasonable starting point for total newbie

DaMacFunkin
20-10-15, 12:52
Yes it is how I started, I then started to add motorised satellites, cable feeds,extra receivers, IPTV subscriptions, NAS servers, cat 6 wired the house, it's a slippery slope mate LOL.