PDA

View Full Version : Front panel dead?

mannin
20-10-15, 08:16
Hi,
yesterday the front LCD on my twin OE stopped working, the remote no longer functions, does anyone know if this is likely to be repairable or should I order a new box?

Cheers

trailblazer
20-10-15, 09:50
yes mine has done the same thing...mine comes on for a while if I reboot the box from power up....or try software update ....though all other functions still work fine...so been using it and waiting if a sotware update happens to cure it....... I also wondered if it could be power supply...but also notice that it tells me there is an update but I can not update, I am using the new vix image, considering changing image software to another...all used to work fine when using Hades software....is there a bug in the software of the new vix ....????

roybach
20-10-15, 10:31
....is there a bug in the software of the new vix ....????

Sure is, read the numerous posts over the last couple of weeks.

Sicilian
20-10-15, 11:08
What bug affecting front panel?? What a load of nonsense, op has a hardware issue, nothing to do with image!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
20-10-15, 11:16
Build 009 was advised to be fresh flashed due to GST upgrade, that wasn't a bug, that was development.

Build 010 we thought there may be any issue with online updates, of which there wasn't actually an issue!

The issue affecting access of online plugin feeds atm is beyond our control, it's an issue ocram picon feeds, which has now been removed in build 015 to this happening again.

Most issues being reported have stemmed from users not fresh flashing build 009!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stav81244
20-10-15, 11:20
had this before on my TM Twin. The power chip on the motherboard for the front screen blew and Technomate replaced it but can't remember how much it wasn't expensive about £30 max i think.

Larry-G
20-10-15, 16:42
....is there a bug in the software of the new vix ....????

Sure is, read the numerous posts over the last couple of weeks.

No disrespect but you could have answered that question your self in less time than it took to write this post by simply flashing another image. And for the record no it's not a image issue as far as I'm aware but likely a hardware failure, the TM twin OE is getting on after all.

mannin
20-10-15, 21:46
Does anyone know if this could be anything else? I have got hold a second one that is in the same state.
The second one has a really old version of VIX on that I can not upgrade (buttons are not working)
So now I have two of them, neither work, (dead VFD, no response to remote or buttons) one freezes with the VIX logo at the top left after a few minutes (this has been happening since a failed over the air upgrade) the other has a 18 month old OS.

Sicilian
20-10-15, 21:56
Dead hardware has nothing to do with the image, what a ridiculous assumption. :rolleyes:

mannin
20-10-15, 22:00
I haven't assumed anything, I'm simply asking for assistance?
I have offered some background information regarding the images. I have in no way implied that the image is in anyway the cause of the problem, I have only explained why I can not upgrade the current images.

Larry-G
20-10-15, 22:26
I haven't assumed anything, I'm simply asking for assistance?
I have offered some background information regarding the images. I have in no way implied that the image is in anyway the cause of the problem, I have only explained why I can not upgrade the current images.

The early TM Twins had a hardware fault with the chip that is located directly behind the VFD display, this had to be manually replaced with a new chip from Technomate which was posted out (I remember doing this on my own receiver and one for Andyblack about a week later). It's possible that this chis is the one that has failed on your receivers but I doubt that Technomate still have any stock as I believe they no longer sell this receiver although I could be wrong on that one.

You could try contacting Technomate directly and see what they say about it although they will likely fob you off.

Sicilian
20-10-15, 22:27
@ Larry, I think these issues a PSU related, op needs to contact TM is out of warranty.