PDA

View Full Version : MK's FlipFlops by Larry-G

Larry-G
19-10-15, 20:10
We all know that the picons you use on your E2 box are a very personal thing and there are loads of them to choose from these days, But I always preferred those by the original master picon maker SGTFlipFlop. The channel icons he used to make his picons however were like every one elses, very very bland to say the least. That was until the likes of MK came along with his jaw dropping picon packs that loads of people now use and enjoy.

So one day I thought to my self why can I not have the best of both worlds and combine the vibrant and stylish picons from MK with the classic SGTFlipFlop feel ?, and that was the birth of MK's FlipFlops picons by Larry-G (Thats me by the way OBVIOUSLY).

For several months now these picons have only been used on my own personal boxes but and a few close friens who have commented on them. Now don't get all arsey about the name (MK's FlipFlops by Larry-G). ALL and I do mean ALL of the credit for these picons goes to MK and SGTFlipFlop I am just the muppet who married the two together. Personally I had no intention what so ever of posting them here but after solid badgering from friends I decided to post a few. Now As I said these picons are the ones I use my self and I really dont care either way if they ever see the light of day outside of my own use but if there is enough of a demand I will upload a complete pack in the near future.

so here we go, just a few examples of the MK's FlipFlops picons by Larry-G.

If you want them let me know, otherwise I will just continue to build and use them fir my own personal use.

jasper1974
21-10-15, 00:59
would lie to see some more of these mate they look good

Larry-G
21-10-15, 01:31
would lie to see some more of these mate they look good

Here's a few more examples then.

Suttsy
21-10-15, 04:08
Hi Larry mate, I'm sure these creations will be well received by fellow members.
Fair play bud, and thanks for sharing...
I'll give these a go when their available!

Suttsy..

Larry-G
21-10-15, 16:45
Ok here is the complete pack in 100x60 format (I have them in 400x240 and 220x132 same as MK does with his original packs but dont currently have the bandwidth to upload them rite now).

As with the original MK packs I have kept the adult bouquet picons in a separate file for those with small children or overly sensitive relatives. If you want me to keep uploading them I will otherwise I will as above just keep them for my own private use.

Larry-G
21-10-15, 17:06
Just checked and I have 650MB worth of data left on my Dongle so I can upload the 220x132 pack now but not the 400x240 pack as its too large for the forum at 124MB and the forum does not support 7-zip files that would bring it in at just over 90MB, from now on ill just upload the individual picons as and when MK updates his own.

Willmoore
22-10-15, 23:46
Excuse my ignorance Larry but what is the difference between these and MK's :confused:

Larry-G
23-10-15, 11:43
Excuse my ignorance Larry but what is the difference between these and MK's :confused:

Easy way is to compare the five MK base picons with the five that have also been run through the SGTFlipFlop action file.

Larry-G
26-10-15, 18:00
MK's Flipflops by Larry-G harry potter set 1 and set 2.

Just like to thank MK for allowing me to use his fantastic picons as the base for these and all the credit should go to him and SGTFlipFlop for their work.

cactikid
26-10-15, 18:13
ok that does it never used a picon before but while setting up new image i see this excellent choice, i must say now to find out what to do with them:thumbsup:
keep them coming well done in rocking my box.:D

Larry-G
26-10-15, 18:20
ok that does it never used a picon before but while setting up new image i see this excellent choice, i must say now to find out what to do with them:thumbsup:
keep them coming well done in rocking my box.:D

Create a folder called picon (that exact spelling) and copy the ones you want to use directly into that folder then FTP it either to the receivers flash if it has enough or place it on the root of a USB stick. The image should do the rest for you. I have not uploaded the entire 400x240 set yet as its too big for the forum and I have yet to find a suitable alternative host. so depending on the skin you use try the 220x132 set.

cactikid
26-10-15, 18:32
it would be used on solo2 cheers.

Mr. Mister
26-10-15, 18:35
Plenty of space in flash of Solo2 for these..

BTW.. Great work Larry..

Larry-G
26-10-15, 18:35
it would be used on solo2 cheers.

solo2 should have enough flash but the larger packs like the 400x220 can be in excess of 120 MB so you may just want to keep them on a cheap USB stick.

nsw9154
26-10-15, 19:08
any sign of you getting Cable in your neck of the woods yet mate i thought virgin where going to start laying more but i suppose that Durham is to far North :D

Larry-G
26-10-15, 21:34
any sign of you getting Cable in your neck of the woods yet mate i thought virgin where going to start laying more but i suppose that Durham is to far North :D

sorry for the late reply bud, I was out with the camera getting some moon shots in while it's still clear. No plans for cable round these parts as far as I know, Durham city it self maybe but not a small ex mining village like this one.

Stanman
27-10-15, 11:54
solo2 should have enough flash but the larger packs like the 400x220 can be in excess of 120 MB so you may just want to keep them on a cheap USB stick.
USB is the way to go as when you flash new image, no need to worry about sending 120MB across.

Larry-G
02-11-15, 21:31
Newest updates as per MK's originals.

Larry-G
08-11-15, 06:47
Newest update as per MK's originals.

Andy_Hazza
08-11-15, 16:04
Nice work buddy. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robsunited
08-11-15, 17:30
Ignore this post. Having a senior moment.

Larry-G
16-11-15, 15:11
Newest updates as per MK originals.

Larry-G
21-11-15, 04:20
newest update as per MK's original set.

Larry-G
21-11-15, 22:42
newest update as per MK's original set.

Larry-G
24-07-16, 11:08
Here's the newest updated pack as per MK's original pack dated 09-06-2016.

I have uploaded both the 100x60 and 220x132 packs but not the 400x220 pack due to it's large size even when compressed. To use these picons you must first decompress them and you will need 7-zip to do this and you can download it from
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html