PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Update custom bouquets?

realdannys
19-10-15, 12:08
Sorry if this is an often asked question, I couldn't find it in the stickies. I used ABM to generate my original Astra 2 channels. This worked fine but I edited the bouquets to a better order for my family and deleted channels not needed. Obviously I leave ABM to update it replaces all this with its settings. I don't mind turning it off and managing my own bouquets except that obviously as time goes on and channels move around, my bouquet will be out of date and without manual scanning some channels will go missing.

So my question is, is it possible for ABM to keep my custom bouquets where they are but update the channel frequencies as and when they change (or is there another plugin which can do this?)

Thanks!

judge
19-10-15, 12:34
Yes, ABM can do this. Read the included readme file...

realdannys
19-10-15, 13:03
Thanks Judge, could you link me to the readme, is it on github?

abu baniaz
19-10-15, 13:27
Have a look at this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks

I will upload my favourites.xml later. Afraid it won't be complete, but will get you started.

realdannys
19-10-15, 13:34
Fantastic, just the trick and something for me to get stuck into later this week!

abu baniaz
20-10-15, 00:35
Try this file. Extract and place in ABM's custom folder.
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

I have setup ABM as pictured.

HD bouquets : Self explanatory
Main Bouquet: This allows for you to key in the official number and reach channel.

invisiblelayer
22-10-15, 10:39
Try this file. Extract and place in ABM's custom folder.
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

I have setup ABM as pictured.

HD bouquets : Self explanatory
Main Bouquet: This allows for you to key in the official number and reach channel.

Just set this up on parents box for sky, so much easier for them, thanks!

realdannys
25-10-15, 11:55
Its a real shame theres not a converter to do this from the bouquets you can setup with a program or a bouquet editor really - also is there anyway to convert this for RemoteChannelStreamer for my 2nd box?

realdannys
27-10-15, 13:44
Just to check, once i've set up the favourites XML file, I can turn off all other ABM bouquets and it'll just keep the favourites file up to date, correct?

Also, if there's a couple of manually scanned channels within the favourites file that are not in the ABM list, will it keep those there (and effectively ignore them) when it runs an update?

realdannys
28-10-15, 04:13
Ok ignore the above, I found in the readme where it says to turn off bouquet creation but just scan channels. So a few hours in and all is working fine! The only thing id like to do now is add a couple of manual channel lines to my favourites.xml - I know these wont be updated by ABM but I don't mind maintaining just a handful of channels myself, is it possible to inject them into the bouquets via the favourites.xml somehow (with full frequency etc like a standard bouquet might hold)

realdannys
28-10-15, 12:32
Another thing, i've got 3 sections generated called "All Channels" I don't want any of them. Any way to hide the "all channels" bouquets created? I see no options in ABM or any of the files to stop the creation of these, i'm assuming its not a box setting somewhere?...

judge
28-10-15, 12:44
You could add provider name to the bouquets to differentiate between them, or disable the main bouquet.
Have a look in ABM settings, enable expert mode.

realdannys
28-10-15, 12:46
You could add provider name to the bouquets to differentiate between them, or disable the main bouquet.
Have a look in ABM settings, enable expert mode.

Hey judge - somehow the main top "all channels" has disappeared and i've no idea what happened there. Just noticed there was some custom bouquets enabled by default which I think i've been throwing out the German channels on my favourites.xml and maybe created some other "all channels" further down - just doing a new rescan, hopefully it'll add them.

Any suggestions on how to add a few manual channels not in the current providers list? Do I have to add the provider to add a single channel into my favourites?

judge
28-10-15, 12:52
ABM can mix, match, update any providers it's aware of.
If you want extra channels, maybe add them to it's own bouquet.

realdannys
28-10-15, 12:55
ABM can mix, match, update any providers it's aware of.
If you want extra channels, maybe add them to it's own bouquet.

I'm using favourites.xml so they're all custom bouquets (mainly based on Sky UK) - id like to add them to the "football bouquet" i've created. So I guess i'll need to create a provider, scan it, see what the default channels is it finds and then add them to my bouquet? Its just figuring out what the main providers details would be to scan.

Just done another scan and still i'm getting two extra "all channels" bouquets created at the end of my favourites.xml file. I thought this was related to putting "0" in main, its turned the main one off at the top, how can I turn it off for all of them?

judge
28-10-15, 13:01
I'm still not sure what you're trying to do & add? What provider do you want added?

realdannys
28-10-15, 13:33
I'm still not sure what you're trying to do & add? What provider do you want added?

There are a few channels that show PL football not in any of the ABM providers. I'm looking to add Benfica TV 1+2, Digi Sport SVK, Digi Sport Hun, ESPN 2 Caribbean, Futball 1 (Ukr), Sportklub 3 (Cro), TV2 Sport 2, Viasat Football Sweden and Viasat Baltic

judge
28-10-15, 13:39
There are a few channels that show PL football not in any of the ABM providers. I'm looking to add Benfica TV 1+2, Digi Sport SVK, Digi Sport Hun, ESPN 2 Caribbean, Futball 1 (Ukr), Sportklub 3 (Cro), TV2 Sport 2, Viasat Football Sweden and Viasat Baltic

And you want to add them to an ABM generated/ ABM updated bouquet?
If so, one of the ABM guys will have to jump in and let you know if it's possible without further details.

realdannys
28-10-15, 13:46
And you want to add them to an ABM generated/ ABM updated bouquet?
If so, one of the ABM guys will have to jump in and let you know if it's possible without further details.

Correct - it'd be great if I can inject the tuning frequencies as an insert in my favourites.xml bouquets but i'm guessing thats no possible - seems a little overkill too add provider for each when I only need a channel. I know I could do my own custom bouquet, but it'd just be perfect if they were all in one bouquet and not split up.

Peterj
28-10-15, 14:11
At the moment we are working on provider Digi 1W.
Viasat 5E and CD-Nordic 1W are already finished and in the latest release of ABM.

realdannys
28-10-15, 14:22
At the moment we are working on provider Digi 1W.
Viasat 5E and CD-Nordic 1W are already finished and in the latest release of ABM.

Just spotted Viasat! :thumbsup:

I'll set Viasat to Sweden and i've got Nordic set to Denmark, that covers a lot, but still none of the channels I mentioned above are covered yet so id have to add them manually.

I still can't get rid of these two pesky "all channels" bouquets created at the end of my favourites file either. Not sure why they are there as i've got my providers scanned but bouquet creation is turned off for all of them so it only scans for my favourites.xml. Turning main off in my favourites.xml got rid of the 'All channels' at the top but these two extras are being added at the bottom - any ideas? Nearly there!

judge
28-10-15, 14:34
Turning main off in my favourites.xml got rid of the 'All channels' at the top but these two extras are being added at the bottom - any ideas? Nearly there!
Could they be there as part of a previous run?
get rid of them all & run ABM again.

realdannys
28-10-15, 14:35
Could they be there as part of a previous run?
get rid of them all & run ABM again.

Yeah i've tried that, deleted all via ABM and i've deleted manually. Just done another run and now there are 3 of them are the bottom?! Two are empty the last one is randomly full of channels i've not even added to my favourites.xml

realdannys
28-10-15, 16:40
Yeah can't get rid of these "All channels" no matter what I do. Is it work posting my favourites.xml do you think?

I've hidden every bouquet from every provider I have ticked, i've put "no" to bouquet creation on every provider its possible, i've put main as "0" in the favourites and sections as "1" to get my custom bouquets.

The bouquets are created perfectly and all the channels are in place, i'm just stuck with these three extra bouquets of "All channels" as I said two are empty and the bottom one includes channels starting at Tvvlaanderen. I don't want any of them really but I could live with the bottom one. If I want to scan some channels not in my bouquets id just go to the satellite or providers list.

abu baniaz
28-10-15, 16:59
they are the bouquets from the other providers you are scanning. they don't have bouquets/sections.

realdannys
28-10-15, 17:07
they are the bouquets from the other providers you are scanning. they don't have bouquets/sections.

Well 1. Why are they empty then? 2. Why can't they be turned off like everything else. I don't want them there, especially not three lots of them.

abu baniaz
28-10-15, 17:36
Sorry, not a mind reader so dont know which ones you are referring to. Debug logs are requested so that who lack ability to read minds can assist others.

may be an idea to attach your favourite. xml too.

if you don't want then, don't scan them.

ABM is programmed not to create blank bouquets in bouquets. tv

realdannys
28-10-15, 17:39
Sorry, not a mind reader so dont know which ones you are referring to. Debug logs are requested so that who lack ability to read minds can assist others.

may be an idea to attach your favourite. xml too.

if you don't want then, don't scan them.

ABM is programmed not to create blank bouquets in bouquets. tv

I did suggest attaching the favourites.xml, so here it is - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8676022/favourites.xml

I'll get the debug log done too later

I don't want them in the list, but I scan those where there is a channel referenced in the favourites.xml if I don't scan them the channel wont be added and kept up to date, so I have no choice - I might only have one or two channels from the providers.

I'm definitely getting 3 "All Channels" bouquets at the bottom of my list and the first two ARE empty. So something is a miss - at least the last one does include lots of channels.

realdannys
28-10-15, 17:47

Here also are the bouquets after creation as shown by iDreamX. Strangely here it just shows DVB-C channels in each of the 'All Channels' list (i have no DVB-C tuner) though on the actual box the last "All channels" does show DVB-S channels.

abu baniaz
28-10-15, 18:00
If they are by ABM, add the provider name in expert mode settings. That could reveal what they are. You can disable it later.

realdannys
28-10-15, 18:21
If they are by ABM, add the provider name in expert mode settings. That could reveal what they are. You can disable it later.

Good thinking :thumbsup:

Just turned that on, tried a rescan and got the error message "Can't find NIM"... :confused: