PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Problem with Sat twin tuner.

sandiego69
17-10-15, 13:55
Bought a new Duo2 from our sponsor a month ago but recently a problem has arisen with the hybrid twin sat tuner. I cannot get a signal on tuner B. I have tried various Images and also swapped over the two cables from the Twin Inverto LNB.
I get a signal from tuner A each time but nothing on tuner B. The strange thing is that I have not changed any of my Tuner settings but as an experiment altered the 'second cable from motorised' to 'equal to'. This does give me a tuner B signal but surely this is the wrong setting. I have used the 'second cable' setting for years with no problem.

I have done all the usual checks on cables, connectors etc. to no avail. Does this point to a faulty tuner?

abu baniaz
17-10-15, 14:12
Do you have a motorised dish with a twin LNB port?

sandiego69
17-10-15, 14:17
Yes Motorised with twin output. As I said I swapped over the cables and still only tuner 'A' works.

abu baniaz
17-10-15, 14:34
Move your dish to 28.2.

Mark cables as Cable 1 and Cable 2. Double check f-plug are fitted fine.

Test 1.
Disable Tuner B
Set tuner A as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 1

Is eveything fine?

Test 2.
Disable Tuner B
Set tuner A as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 2

Is eveything fine?

Test 3.
Disable Tuner A
Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 1

Is eveything fine?

Test 4.
Disable Tuner A
Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 2

Is eveything fine?

sandiego69
17-10-15, 16:04
Thank you Abu.

This complete test proved that Tuner 'B' is faulty. The only thing I do not understand completely is that by setting 'B' as 'equal to' (which is the wrong setting) the signal meter works. When set as 'second cable etc.' in doesn't even show 'B' as being available. Strange!

abu baniaz
17-10-15, 16:39
I was hoping for four results. Your retailer will probably get a better understanding of issue too.

equal means same.
So if you set tuner A = motorised.
If you set Tuner B = equal to tuner A, that would mean Tuner B is also motorised.

Second cable of motorised is not in control of anything, it is a slave to the tuner you have set it to second of. So possibly why you are not allowed to use the satfinder. Pure speculation.