PDA

View Full Version : U also in England.. then please help...

josweet
16-10-15, 16:30
This county and its over the top rules drives me mad. :mad:
I along with alot of other parents and families have bought for this year a Segway (monorover) for Christmas.
Now someone out of touch has being dusting off & pulling out the books and have decided these come under an old category which makes them illegal
to use in public.
The law that currently dictates on this type of device is cited from 1835 and pre-dates the Penny Farthing :confused:

This law ONLY effects us in England. Everywhere else in the world, including Wales, Scotland and Ireland are free to use the Eco friendly device as they were designed.

Please help and sighn below as the old antiquated laws need to be updated.

https://www.change.org/p/george-eustice-mp-david-cameron-mp-rt-hon-patrick-mcloughlin-to-review-the-laws-of-using-electric-self-balancing-boards-and-unicycles-in-public-places?recruiter=84028980&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Mods please move if this isnt in the relevant topic. :)

DaMacFunkin
16-10-15, 19:38
Are they quiter than scooters, the metal fold up kind that kids use?

Larry-G
16-10-15, 20:20
No he's on about those Segway styled ones here

https://m.mightydeals.co.uk/#details/productId=62730&menu1Id=1

there illegal for both road and footpath use in England, if your caught using one on the road or footpaths it will be confiscated and likely destroyed.

roybach
16-10-15, 21:32
Whatever happened to people walking? Too overweight to walk I expect . :D

josweet
16-10-15, 22:55
Whatever happened to people walking? Too overweight to walk I expect . :D
Never seen a fat person on one as u have to be reasonably agile to begin with. All the people that dont tend to like them are either ..
to old, to poor or to dull. :D

DaMacFunkin
17-10-15, 06:01
No he's on about those Segway styled ones here

https://m.mightydeals.co.uk/#details/productId=62730&menu1Id=1

there illegal for both road and footpath use in England, if your caught using one on the road or footpaths it will be confiscated and likely destroyed.

Yes i know what he is on about, but i wanted to know do the wheels rumble as they go over tarmac like the little scooters do, because when all the kids go down the side of my house its like San Andreas, if they are quieter, then yeah let them have them, if not then burn em all.

ronand
17-10-15, 10:56
Why does "eco friendly" overrule common sense? Footpaths are for walking on and these things are definitely not for the road. Keep the ban - someone in 1835 had a bit of foresight

Larry-G
17-10-15, 12:03
Never seen a fat person on one as u have to be reasonably agile to begin with. All the people that dont tend to like them are either ..
to old, to poor or to dull. :D

well I'm none of those (and I had every thing from a skate board to quad bikes when I was a kid, still do have most of them) there are loads of places to use them but not on the road or footpaths, it's bad enough that every old fart or dole scrounger faking a bad back is all over the road / footpaths on those invalidity scooters let alone these things.

If you did not bother to look them up before parting with your cash you cant then moan about them.

YzMENTALzY
09-12-15, 20:18
Its because England as a country wants to make every penny of the citizens if everyone uses a segway how they gonna make money off petrol and tax as many people mostly import that shit from china... The amount of taxes in England are a joke eerything is taxed including your food and earnings which is what keeps the economy running.

Because these little things run on battery power the government isnt making any money on them hence why they banned.

electrocop
09-12-15, 20:52
I think that they should remain banned - they are a danger to pedestrians and motorists. Most children these days have absolutely no road safety awareness and an are more than likely to zip across a road in front of a car (no doubt the car driver would be blamed for it too). In my area (a quiet residential area) during the winter, there are idiots sledging down the hill during snowy periods with no regard for any traffic on the main adjoining road, also they damaged my neighbour's car last year by losing control and scratching the rear bumper and wing - why should these segway things be any better or safer?

judge
09-12-15, 21:26
Should give you a bit of a laugh...

http://www.thejournal.ie/segway-guy-crashes-in-jervis-2-2482217-Dec2015/

Larry-G
10-12-15, 16:08
Its because England as a country wants to make every penny of the citizens if everyone uses a segway how they gonna make money off petrol and tax as many people mostly import that shit from china... The amount of taxes in England are a joke eerything is taxed including your food and earnings which is what keeps the economy running.

Because these little things run on battery power the government isnt making any money on them hence why they banned.

bullshit, I saw a 82 year old woman fall over in the street a few weeks ago thanks to some moron on a mountain bike on the pavement, she was not able to pick her self up so just laid there until I helped her up, while I was doing so the same little scrubber on his mountain bike peddled past and actually laughed at her.

pavements are for people to walk on not for motorized scooters or any other type of transport and if you cant see that your part of the problem.