PDA

View Full Version : et8000 fault,

sut
15-10-15, 00:43
hi guys

i recently purchased a et8000 from world of satellite and it seems to have developed a fault i think,

i came home from work tonight and sat down to watch tv but my tv just showed the message no signal. i have tried several hdmi cables and it has made no difference at all i have attached a different box and its working fine so i know its not afault with the tv or the hdmi cables.

it would appear the et8000 is not sending signal to my tv. could this be software related? i must be honest and say that i dont think it is as when the box it booting up i get no display from it at all where as i used to get the boot up screen displays.

does this happen often with these boxes developing faults as i have only had this 2 months,

Sicilian
15-10-15, 05:59
does this happen often with these boxes developing faults as i have only had this 2 months,

If it did there would be lots of threads on the same subject, sounds like you've just been unlucky. Contact WoS shop http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

Rob van der Does
15-10-15, 09:16
Does a reboot (via the GUI) fix this issue?

sut
15-10-15, 19:29
i am unable to reboot via the GUI as i have no picture from the box at all, i can see the box is working as the front display shows what channel i am watching and shows when i change channel on the remote but i get no picture sent to the tv.

Rob van der Does
15-10-15, 21:20
You can reboot via telnet ('reboot'), via the WEB-IF or as a last resort, via the power switch at the back.
Reason I ask is because a number of 8k's have a hardware issue, causing trouble after a boot. A second boot (reboot) fixes it; there is even a plugin that does this job automated. See

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/36616-plugin-auto-reboot-et8000/#entry492822
but more have been reported (mine does the same).
Just give the plugin a try.

sut
16-10-15, 19:02
thanks for the advice guys,
i am pleased to say though i drove the 300 miles to world of satellite today and he was as good as gold, he replaced the box for me in a few minutes after checking i had not damaged it on some way,

must say i'm very impressed with the way they handled the issue for me. and it does say a lot for the company,