PDA

View Full Version : Partnerbox help

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 21:36
Hey guys

i have installed partner box on a DUO and Solo

i have set the solo to access the ip of the duo as thats the hdd box i have

now what i wanna ask is is that it or do i do more when i access the menu's like stream current service i get nothing just a bank screen and the autotimer if i was to set that up would that mean i would record from the solo to the duo hdd

just a little help or step by step would be much apreciated thanks

irishchris
21-12-10, 21:50
from the little i have experimented on it. i have installed partnerbox only on the solo and entered in the ip address of the duo. also changed the option in menu to use partnerbox as hdd replacement. streams perfectly for me then and can change channel on duo from solo to watch on the solo. i hope that makes sense mate?

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 21:53
The only part that i have not done or made sence was where is the menu to use hdd replacement i have not done that

irishchris
21-12-10, 22:08
sorry mate, my mistake it was in sytem-network-mountmanager.
then add new network mount point
enter duo ip address
change server share to /media/hdd
change use as hdd replacement to yes
press ok
thats it

when you press recordings button on solo you will get the duo hdd list. and when you setup a recording it will record perfectly to the duo.

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 22:52
i'm guessing that is an NFS share not CIFS

irishchris
21-12-10, 23:02
i'm guessing that is an NFS share not CIFS

yes mate its NFS share

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 23:11
just added it gonna restart bx and see if that works

fount a better way via the browse networks then it just added my share automatically so lets see what it gives me

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 23:27
dunno why but it adds my mount point but still cant get anything to show at all and i get a red x on the mount point

irishchris
21-12-10, 23:42
did you change option for active to enable? and rename server share to /media/hdd?

silverfox0786
22-12-10, 00:41
yep did both of that still no luck