PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo2 Software Update

Yaz27
14-10-15, 14:01
Hi I am new to this, I have been trying to do a software update on my vu solo2 for the last couple of months, it's says feeds are down for maintenance please go to world of satellite, also I couldn't download plugins, should I wait until they are back ? or is something wrong with my box? I have already done software updates successfully when I have purchased my box .
Any help please?
Many Thanks.

satmanbasil
14-10-15, 14:27
Hi mate

Could be your still running an older image we are now using openvix 3.2.010 latest this will require flash if your not got this image installed on your receiver
link to download site to get this is here :- http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

make a backup of your settings etc need to keep files to speed update if required

Andy_Hazza
14-10-15, 14:37
Press menu, information and about and tell us what Image you are on would be a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaz27
14-10-15, 17:14
Hi thank you for your replies please find attached pictures taken from my menu: information. and vix backup .
I think I am using openvix 3.0.802...but I am not sure. since I have bought this box, I was told to just hit the software button now and again for the latest updates.
I thought this will do the job. I don't know anything about image flashing or how to do it.
If I require the latest image, could you please help me how to do it?

Many Thanks

Larry-G
14-10-15, 17:17
Thats your problem, you are using a image that was mothballed nearly a year ago, It no longer has access to the feeds or rather those feeds no longer exist, hence why you cant access them.

You can either park you image where it is and use it without the feeds (I still have one or two boxes on this image and it works fine) or if you want more features and access to the plugin feeds you must bite the bullet and reflash the box to a newer image WITHOUT using any backups as they will not be compatible with the newer images.

Yaz27
14-10-15, 17:25
Hi thanks for your reply. I didn't know what image I was using , I haven't installed it. I have bought the box as it is. According to the seller it had the latest software and image.
I don't understand much on images. I would like to go ahead and install the new image with more features, this is why I have chosen this box as it was recommended on-line reviews .
you are right, the box is working fine however without software update and I cannot download plugins.
Could you please show me how to install the latest image?
Many thanks

Larry-G
14-10-15, 17:30
Go to www.openvix.co.uk and you will see the latest images for your receiver along with a number of tutorials for things like flashing images.

john doe
14-10-15, 17:33
you need a usb stick (blank), go to http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/ and download. once done put the file on to the usb (file should say Vuplus). know switch of box from back rocker switch and plug usb in and switch the rocker back on, it will say press of/on button, press the on/off button and leave do its thing, it will restart its self and once the new image appears take out the usb. image flashed

Yaz27
14-10-15, 17:38
Hi Many Many Thanks for all your replies and support and for making me aware that my image is not right. I shall try to do it and I will get back to you guys if I have any problems.
You are the best in deed
Many thanks

abu baniaz
14-10-15, 17:45
Would be a good idea to make a full backup image first before flashing your new image.

Yaz27
14-10-15, 18:15
Hi Guys, I didn't do a back up. I have tried to flash with the new image. Please find attached a pictures of the information on the box. is this the new image 3.23.010 ?
it did erase all my settings. I will have to redo them all, I just wnna know if I have got the latest image.
Many thanks

abu baniaz
14-10-15, 18:19
Yes, that is latest image.

Please take the time to read following thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

john doe
14-10-15, 18:29
Yep that's it. just down load skin etc know with no issues

Yaz27
14-10-15, 18:44
Again MANY MANY Thanks everybody for all your support and the supersonic replies. This forum runs exactly how it was recommended by many users. well done to all.