PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Some glitches i've come across

realdannys
13-10-15, 00:42
Hi guys,

I got my Vu+ Duo2 box from WOS on Friday and i'm loving it so far. It arrived flashed with the latest OpenVix 3.2.

I've come across some minor glitches, I just wondered if they were know issues or if I can tweak something to fix things.

When I press pause for timeshift, I get an initial pause, then a screen flicker, then it plays a split second of the show again and then its paused - once its paused timeshifting works smoothly and flawlessly, but the initial pause is quite jarring. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I've been trying out streaming channels the iPad with VU+HD app and i've noticed that when I select a channel in the app it causes the main channel being watched on TV to drop audio for a split second twice, again, anyway to fox this?

I changed to another channel the other day and the audio was out of sync. A quote off/on and channel changed fixed this, but i'm trying to setup the front end box for very novice elderly users who'll find that challenging, so are there are lipsync/audiosync plugins that might be recommended to prevent this?

On another note i'm really happy with the boxes speed and responsiveness, its much better than any other box or Sky Hd box i've had to use in the past, channel hopping is a pleasure!

2stein
13-10-15, 08:15
When I press pause for timeshift, I get an initial pause, then a screen flicker, then it plays a split second of the show again and then its paused - once its paused timeshifting works smoothly and flawlessly, but the initial pause is quite jarring. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I have this as well... and I agree that it is very annoying. I belief it has something to do with the fact that the harddisk needs some time to wake up from standby. But this could be fixed by buffering the stream at the beginning. So yes, I'd appreciate as well if that would be fixed.

I've been trying out streaming channels the iPad with VU+HD app and i've noticed that when I select a channel in the app it causes the main channel being watched on TV to drop audio for a split second twice, again, anyway to fox this?
I changed to another channel the other day and the audio was out of sync. A quote off/on and channel changed fixed this, but i'm trying to setup the front end box for very novice elderly users who'll find that challenging, so are there are lipsync/audiosync plugins that might be recommended to prevent this?

I had this as well. In my case it was caused by a quad-lnb (with integrated switch) when a different tuner was activated by a recording timer or remote stream request. this caused disruptions on the other tuner. To fix this I installed an external switch.

realdannys
13-10-15, 12:20
I have this as well... and I agree that it is very annoying. I belief it has something to do with the fact that the harddisk needs some time to wake up from standby. But this could be fixed by buffering the stream at the beginning. So yes, I'd appreciate as well if that would be fixed.

I guess that would make sense, except the disk is already woken up and out of standby as it starts recording the channel for the time shift to work in the background within 3 seconds of being on it. So its not that, there's some other reason it does the initial pause and jump.

I had this as well. In my case it was caused by a quad-lnb (with integrated switch) when a different tuner was activated by a recording timer or remote stream request. this caused disruptions on the other tuner. To fix this I installed an external switch.

I'm using a Sly Dish for 3 feeds, and a motorised dish on the 4th tuner. Again this would make sense, expect the double audio glitch also happens for me even if I just share the live feed from the TV and thus uses the same tuner so no switching is causing the glitch here.

Huevos
13-10-15, 13:36
If you use permanent timeshift any strange pause shouldn't happen.

The other problem is cross talk in the LNB or multiswitch, nothing to do with the STB. Some LNBs do it, others don't.

2stein
13-10-15, 15:29

yes, but it should also work without the need to have timeshift permanently on.

c9550927
13-10-15, 15:46
Good thing its open source, so you can fix it and we all benefit. LOL, the man gave you a solution and you threw it back in his face :eek:

2stein
13-10-15, 16:01
Good thing its open source, so you can fix it and we all benefit. LOL, the man gave you a solution and you threw it back in his face :eek:
not a solution... a workaround at best :-)

realdannys
13-10-15, 23:37

The other problem is cross talk in the LNB or multiswitch, nothing to do with the STB. Some LNBs do it, others don't.

I do have permanent timeshift on (so I believe, I set it to work after 3 seconds, but to be honest if I set it to work after 1 minute and press pause as soon as I zap to a new channel, it still does the glitch), but i'm getting the glitch. I press pause, the screen goes black for a about half a second, two flashes of the image, a split second of it continuing to play the pause and all works fine from there. It's almost like it does a resolution change (except it doesn't). I does something pretty similar when I press play to exit the mode (though not as bad) i'm going to assume there's no way to get this silky smooth, its just part of it (an SSD fronted internal drive wouldn't help?)

I'm still not sure about the LNB explanation either, as, like I said, the issue with the audio dropping out twice happens even I stream the current live channel that is showing on the TV (this no lnb/tuner changes needed in the background or the foreground, the box is just transcoding the channel on the TV)