PDA

View Full Version : unable to connect to internet

Billynomates
12-10-15, 11:09
I have Xtrend 9500 with openvix Hades 18. Yesterday pulled out wrong cable to router and lost network on STB. Unable to get it back.
Network test
LAN adapter LAN Connection ok
local Connected ok
DHCP enabled ok
IP address unconfirmed
Nameserver uncomfired

tried Network wizzard,
user interface yes
Use DHCP yes

Your internet connection is not working!

Router ses the box and has asigned IP address, have restarted network, no luck!

IP address is different to original ended 103 before now 100, does this matter?

Any help will be gratefully received, pulling what little hair I have out!!

Thanks

Willmoore
12-10-15, 11:33
Are you using mgcamd ? if so you config file may be the problem.

Billynomates
12-10-15, 11:45
yes, what do you suggest? deleting and reinstalling perhaps

Willmoore
12-10-15, 11:55
Edit line L

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

CHANGE TO

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 }

Billynomates
12-10-15, 14:07
confiq file fine, any other ideas, factory reset??

abu baniaz
12-10-15, 14:11
Upload the mg_cfg here as an attachment please. Do not paste it, attach it. There is nothing personal in it.

Sicilian
12-10-15, 14:12
Ensure DHCP is enabled. Power off receiver and router.

Leave router off for 5mins. Power on router. Once fully booted power on the receiver.

Check the IP address.

If still having an issue re-flash whatever image you are using.

Bazzer
12-10-15, 14:14
Try Menu>System>Network>Device Setup>Adapter Settings . In user interface scroll down to IP address and change the address to what it was before press green to save . That might work .

Billynomates
12-10-15, 14:28
here's the Config file

thanks

2stein
12-10-15, 14:30
i really don't know how the mg config file would break the connection to the router. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Billynomates
12-10-15, 14:40
Hi Bazzer
Sorry no it didn't work:confused:

Bazzer
i really don't know how the mg config file would break the connection to the router. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I don't think it does , I flashed to 009 and my router changed the ip address of my Mutant so I had to change it back to what it was before I flashed. Don't know why because it has never done it before but that is the way I got round it in post 7.

Willmoore

From what I understand the file causes you to DDOS yourself and has been the cause of many internet connection problems including my own.

abu baniaz
12-10-15, 14:43
@Billy
That config file is fine. Thanks.

@2stein
Mgcamd has an option to send logs to a device.
There are some config files floating around that have either of these lines included
L: { 02 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

This results in the receiver flooding your network trying to connect to the IP address listed. This then causes a DDOS attack on your network.

Bazzer
12-10-15, 14:43
Hi Bazzer
Sorry no it didn't work:confused:
Try disabling your DHCP then try it again

Billynomates
12-10-15, 14:44
Hi Sicilian
just tried that and no luck
haven't tried the re-flash yet though

thanks

2stein
12-10-15, 14:45
I don't think it does , I flashed to 009 and my router changed the ip address of my Mutant so I had to change it back to what it was before I flashed. Don't know why because it has never done it before but that is the way I got round it in post 7.
but DHCP means that the router could assign a different ip address every time the box connects to the router... so this is nothing bad, and it actually doesn't matter which ip address the box has (if they are in the same subnet) unless you assign external ports.

Billynomates
12-10-15, 14:59
Try disabling your DHCP then try it again

No sorry, no luck again

Bazzer
12-10-15, 15:04
but DHCP means that the router could assign a different ip address every time the box connects to the router... so this is nothing bad, and it actually doesn't matter which ip address the box has (if they are in the same subnet) unless you assign external ports.
To be honest @2stein I am no whizz kid with all this just try to fix things if they go wrong and to be honest it is the first time it has ever done this after a flash. When I checked my ip address on the Mutant it was the same address has my commie that's why I changed it in network settings with DHCP disabled and now everything works fine :confused:

Bazzer
12-10-15, 15:05
No sorry, no luck again
Did you disable the DHCP first then change the settings has I posted

2stein
12-10-15, 15:11
To be honest @2stein I am no whizz kid with all this just try to fix things if they go wrong and to be honest it is the first time it has ever done this after a flash. When I checked my ip address on the Mutant it was the same address has my commie that's why I changed it in network settings with DHCP disabled and now everything works fine :confused:
no problem. actually i use a static ip address as well. makes it easier to connect to the box thru telnet or so. :-)

Billynomates
12-10-15, 15:15
Did you disable the DHCP first then change the settings has I posted

at the minute it's set to 192.168.0.100 when it was first set up and then died
it was 192.168.0.103,
I assume i am changing the right one's ??
and I have tried the 103, with diabling DHCP first

thanks

2stein
12-10-15, 15:23
if you manually set the ip address you also have to set gateway address and nameserver address to the ip-address of your router (192.168.0.1???)

Bazzer
12-10-15, 15:24
In Adaptor settings where it says Use DHCP make sure that is set to no, then scroll down to IP address and change it to your last working IP address and don't forget to press Green to save .

khan888
12-10-15, 15:26
at the minute it's set to 192.168.0.100 when it was first set up and then died
it was 192.168.0.103,
I assume i am changing the right one's ??
and I have tried the 103, with diabling DHCP first

thanks

Unplug all other cables in your router but leave your box plugged in. Restart network on your receiver and do a test see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
12-10-15, 15:29
Static IP on device = Device requests IP address from router. If available, it will be fine.
If already issued to another device, you have problems.

DHCP = Router assigns IP address.

Using DHCP is better as avoids conflicts/errors.

I use DHCP and reserve IP addresses. This means router will reserve the IP addresses for the devices and will not issue to any other device.

Bazzer
12-10-15, 15:36
@abu without going away from @Billynomates thread how do I ( use DHCP and reserve IP addresses. This means router will reserve the IP addresses for the devices and will not issue to any other device):confused:

2stein
12-10-15, 15:43
@abu without going away from @Billynomates thread how do I ( use DHCP and reserve IP addresses. This means router will reserve the IP addresses for the devices and will not issue to any other device):confused:
fritzbox router allows you to do that (in router network settings).

Billynomates
12-10-15, 15:45
In Adaptor settings where it says Use DHCP make sure that is set to no, then scroll down to IP address and change it to your last working IP address and don't forget to press Green to save .

My Adapter settings

Thanks

Bazzer
12-10-15, 15:47
Using VM Super Hub I will have a look :thumbsup:

2stein
12-10-15, 15:47
My Adapter settings

Thanks
looks good to me if your router has the ip address 192.168.0.1 (did you verify this?)

Billynomates
12-10-15, 16:03
looks good to me if your router has the ip address 192.168.0.1 (did you verify this?)

Yes took this from my router settings

thanks

Billynomates
12-10-15, 16:08
Static IP on device = Device requests IP address from router. If available, it will be fine.
If already issued to another device, you have problems.

DHCP = Router assigns IP address.

Using DHCP is better as avoids conflicts/errors.

I use DHCP and reserve IP addresses. This means router will reserve the IP addresses for the devices and will not issue to any other device.

I think this is the problem, am I right in thinking in my router setup
DCHP > Address reservations > and reserve 192.168.0.103

thanks

Bazzer
12-10-15, 16:41
I have just done mine with my VM router reserved my Mutant IP address restarted the box and everything working fine thanks @abu. Hope you get it sorted m8.

Larry-G
12-10-15, 16:49

Very easily, the default file most users find on the internet contains a line left active essentially DDOS'es your home network.

2stein
12-10-15, 18:07
Very easily, the default file most users find on the internet contains a line left active essentially DDOS'es your home network.
interesting... i wonder what the purpose of this is. :eek:

judge
12-10-15, 18:23
interesting... i wonder what the purpose of this is. :eek:

Nothing. Just people re-using a config file & not taking the time to see how it should work on their network.

Billynomates
13-10-15, 10:17
Well It's Cured / Fixed
First In my router settings DHCP> Address Reservation > I assigned 192.168.0.103
I turned everything off, Xtrend turned off power button on back
Unplugged everything from back off router except Xtrend
turned on router then Xtrend
and frig me, it worked.

I like to thank everybody who tried to help me with this problem
without your help the box would be in the bin

Cheers

Bazzer
13-10-15, 12:54
Happy days m8 at least we have learnt something I did not know u could reserve a IP address thanks to @Abu.

Peterj
13-10-15, 13:10
I always give my boxes a static IP address outside the DHCP range. (e.g. 192.168.0.10)
(no reservation in the DHCP server).

don007bond
13-10-15, 17:52
How do I fix my xtrend

don007bond
13-10-15, 17:55
Was working fine, until server 2 went down. Lost all sports channels. Server 2 comes back online but no sports channels. Can anyone help as it's driving me up the wall. My subscription is still valid until feb16

electrocop
13-10-15, 19:26
I don't think you should be discussing what i think you are discussing. The forum rules state that there should be no mention of 'servers & subscriptions' or card sharing (assuming that is what you refer to). If you have a local card, then i would contact the supplier......
It is also considered rude to hijack someone else's thread when your topic has nothing to do with the original poster's problem of getting his box to talk to the router.