PDA

View Full Version : Venton HD2 stuck in booting loop

smoggy
11-10-15, 18:27
Hi all....I'm smoggy from the Teesside area and I'm after some help

I have a Venton 2 Box which has the vix image on from when I bought the box from W.O.S in June 2013
The box has worked ok until today when I came in the box was in booting mode with tv screen blank
all attempts to reboot have failed
I have also tried to reflash with my original back up image using 2 different reformatted usb's in each rear usb slot without any joy, the usb lights up for a second then goes dead
Maybe trying to flash with a new Vix image will work, can anyone tell me what the latest Vix image is for my box or have any idea what the problem could be

Thanks in advance ... smoggy

smoggy
12-10-15, 14:10
as an update to my post

I have now noticed the cooling fan is not running ( I would expect it to run even when trying to boot) so I suspect something must have overheated and burnt out ???

2stein
12-10-15, 14:25
2 years is the time when capacitors usually fail... my vu+ duo died at the age of 2.5 years. :-(

Billy sidhu
03-12-15, 21:16
Hi

Any updates on this,
I am having the same issue with my Venton, was it the capacitator that went?

Any guides on how to change it if it is the problem as I have fixed my Vu Duo like this in the past

Thanks

Bigchief
09-01-16, 10:42
Hi,

I appear to be experiencing the exact same problem. Does anyone have any updates or solutions to repair the box?

Mine is just over 2 years old so not quite ready for the scrap heap yet!

Bigchief
22-02-16, 23:06
Anyone able to offer any help?

I can't find any information on the net or anywhere that will repair said box. Very frustrating.

abu baniaz
22-02-16, 23:10
Are you able to flash an image by USB?

Bigchief
27-02-16, 21:58
Are you able to flash an image by USB?

no, i have tried forced, unforced in both the rear and front USB ports. No luck.

manicscrewdriver
27-02-16, 23:51
Take the cover off the box and look for any capacitors that are bulging or leaking. Its a good start in figuring out what is wrong. Usually if a capacitor fails you can get replacements for very little, you just have to be handy with a soldering iron.

I don't know if this box has an internal power supply (I don't own one) but if it does take extreme care when looking around the psu board as some of the capacitors can hold charge for quite a few hours after the power has been switched off from the receiver. Getting a shock from one of those capacitors is not only very unpleasant it can also be deadly.

friendzi
14-05-16, 08:53
Having the same issue myself... Found it stuck on booting. unplugged the hard drive and it then start to bootloop

Not managed to flash an image successfully yet