PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo SE] Openvix for VU Sole SE V2

minesh
08-10-15, 22:58
Hi

Im have trouble finding a good image for the VU Solo SE V2

I have tried the latest one from openvix site 3.2.009 but it still says i have 14 updates to be installed. When i click update and reboot box i still get 14 updates remaining and the green icon flashes on epg bar

I also was wondering how i can get channel numbers to show on the epg bar (See pic)

abu baniaz
08-10-15, 23:01
14 updates:
You performed an online update. You were meant to perform a settings backup, install 009, restores settings and plugins.

Number on infobar:
To show channel numbers on Info bars:
Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > Settings > Show channel number in infobar
Change this to yes and Restart E2 for setting to be applied.

minesh
10-10-15, 20:19
Thanks for your reply...

Unfortunately still not fixed going by your instructions

I have checked on the openvix site there is an update (openvix-3.2.010.release-vusolose_usb.zip) downloaded it and formatted my sandisk USB to FAT32 and placed the vuplus folder in there. Booted up the box and it flashes twice and then again three times. Then the light constantly fades in and out slowly.

I can't seem to flash the image on the box this. I know my USB stick is supported but it seems to be fading in and out forever.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

ronand
10-10-15, 21:37
You dont need to use a usb stick at all - you can do it from the comfort of your armchair.

Press Blue Button -> VIX -> Image Manager

Then press the Yellow button and select the image you wish to download. It will take a minute or two to download.

After that select the image you wish to flash to the receiver and sit back.

minesh
10-10-15, 23:10
Wow I learnt something new today. Thanks for that

I managed to update using the above method but I still have the openatv splash screen when booted up first followed by the openvix screen.

I can't believe I can flash the image using several different usb sticks. I remember when I first done it I had no problems with it. I'm confused. How long should a flash take on these boxes. The box is stuck on the light dimming and brightening.

I have waited for around 15 mins already.

Thanks

Huevos
10-10-15, 23:26
You've done something wrong. Flash again using a USB stick. Hopefully you made a settings backup to restore (otherwise you've just made a load of work for yourself).

minesh
10-10-15, 23:38
What could i have possibly done wrong?

I downloaded the image from openvix.co.uk box is vu solo se V2 but i used vu solo se image

formatted the usb to FAT32 both using disk utility on a mac and windows format

Placed the vuplus folder in the usb and safely removed the stick

Box is off USB in rear port, light flashes twice and then off and then about a second later it flashes three times and the it starts dimming and brightening forever

Ive tried two sandisk cruzer 8GB and 32GB stick, one kingston data traveller 8GB stick and other non branded stick. I successfully flashed with the 32GB sandisk cruiser when i bought the box back in august but now it doesn't wanna work?

btw the lights are still dimming and brightening as we speak

Thanks

Sicilian
11-10-15, 05:57
Use a MAX 8GB USB stick.

Format USB stick FAT32 with HPTOOL http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Ensure file structure is correct on USB stick.

minesh
11-10-15, 22:32
Right guys I fixed it. When i first did the format i used disk utility in mac os 10.9.5 mavericks i have since updated to mac os 10.11 el capitan

It seems to have a different format. Luckily i had a time machine backup so went back to mavericks and it worked fine.

In the meantime i tried it on my asus desktop windows 10 didn't work but used the HP tool and flashed within a minute!!

Happy days

Moral of the story don't upgrade to the latest mac os until it has settled down

Thanks for all the replies guys

Minesh