PDA

View Full Version : TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

bassethound
21-12-10, 15:06
All the details that you need

linux access to a file server to allow you to create your own copy of the source code, and allow you to make your own images

svn co svn://warehouse.serveftp.org/LinuxHD/trunk

ID anonymous
passwd anonymous

the FULL source code for the TM800 is now available from the same SVN, currently on revision 249. This allows full control over the customisation of the receiver as well as all linux functions. Playing with this and flashing your receiver CAN damage it beyond repair and could invalidate the warranty.

thanks to digidude

Larry-G
21-12-10, 17:05
fantastic news. now we might see some real progress with this receiver.

bassethound
21-12-10, 17:08
Could have done this back in march/april/may before sales started in June better late than never!!!!!!!!!

Larry-G
21-12-10, 17:15
Could have done this back in march/april/may before sales started in June better late than never!!!!!!!!!

i agree with that as well. as iv'e said many times before, this receiver could have been a true giant killer if TM had gotten off their arses earlier. Instead of leaving every thing to UR who produce good E1 work but have no clue about E2. this does seem a bit like closing a gate after the horse has feckered off but better late than never.

bassethound
21-12-10, 17:18
I think its to late to get market share back or buyer confidence with the likes of Duolabs QBox HD Mini now on sale

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4802-Duolabs-QBox-HD-Mini-has-finally-arrived-in-UK

Larry-G
21-12-10, 17:21
yeah i saw your thread about the qbox. i might just have a word with iceman2007 and see what the deal is with that box as he's in pretty well with rick who owns duolabs.

bassethound
21-12-10, 17:25
the tm800 images are nearly 60Mb in size so there is plenty of fat to cut of the bone for the right team

digidude
11-01-11, 19:15
The public SVN now also contains tutorials on rebuilding entire kernals, as well as information on setting up defaults within the start up wizards and a lot of other information relating to enigma2 and python, so even if you only code for broadcom receivers, theres still information that will be relevant and helpfull to you. a lot of this information is not available from the openPLi or open blackhole projects, but is still relevant to them

witchy
23-02-11, 19:56
Has this been removed from public download?

I keep getting an error when trying to grab it, it's saying something about the Gnome Keyring being locked and non interactive?!

All i want to do is compile it and see the new HD skins :(

digidude
23-02-11, 20:03
thatll be something to do with your linux installation on the computer m8

the HD skin drivers were added at dinner time today, and they work :)

but, due to some mapping issues (just like with the SD skins) some button presses or menu items cause a green screen, mainly networking menus and formatting

but, the SVN is still live and online, i think the latest revision is 352

witchy
23-02-11, 20:25
Okay dokay! :)

I'll fart about with my settings. I had added KDE to it last night and things have started acting funny, lol.

Is it still an anonymous login ?

witchy
23-02-11, 20:32
Ignore me mate, I got it working. :)

witchy
23-02-11, 22:17
Sorry for multiple posts but the option to Edit has timed out.

I've compiled the code and my TM800_Update.bin is 57.3 MB, is this a normal file size?

*update*
Something not right. It installed ok, then rebooted. The initial Penguin screen popped up then the UR page popped up but it just sat on the UR page forever.

I think I'll leave it just now and wait for some advice from the expert out there. :)

In the meantime I'll flash it back to my backup image.

digidude
24-02-11, 09:09
in the VFD, did it get past the 'CHECKING KEY' bit, then start scrolling 'Loading PLi-E2 UR....'

or did it stick on BOOT (100%)?

have you made any modifications to your local copy of the files? or just keeping the latest ones to have a UR release before an actual release is made?

if you havent made any changed, delete the trunk/enigma2-pli-7260 folder THEN EMPTY DELETED ITEMS

update the SVN again, and itll re-download what you just deleted

also delete the folder trunk/rootfs, the entire contents of trunk/cdkflash (copy any images from here you know work first though that you may want to keep)

the current SVN revision is 353, updated at ~ 6:30am this morning

witchy
24-02-11, 15:25
in the VFD, did it get past the 'CHECKING KEY' bit, then start scrolling 'Loading PLi-E2 UR....'

or did it stick on BOOT (100%)?

It got beyond 100% then displayed 'Checking Key', the VFD then changed to 'TECHNOMATE' and it just sat there forever, while displaying the UR onscreen logo.

have you made any modifications to your local copy of the files? or just keeping the latest ones to have a UR release before an actual release is made?

I didn't change a thing mate, I gabbed the source, and compiled it, all I'm after is the HD skin support.

if you havent made any changed, delete the trunk/enigma2-pli-7260 folder THEN EMPTY DELETED ITEMS
update the SVN again, and itll re-download what you just deleted
also delete the folder trunk/rootfs, the entire contents of trunk/cdkflash (copy any images from here you know work first though that you may want to keep)

the current SVN revision is 353, updated at ~ 6:30am this morning

Will do mate.

I'll be back.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--XIpE1mqRiVuOUKIbpTLXP3tZULQLWudS8rDqNXJr8QBJQXxcA

witchy
24-02-11, 20:08
Shit, it's done the same again. :(

I scrubbed the entire Trunk Dir and grabbed everything once more from the SVN.

I noticed that as it was compiling, there were a few errors/warnings quickly flashing past. i wonder if I've not got the environment setup properly.

Any chance you could post a short tutorial, or even list key points? ;)

I must be missing something.

Sicilian
25-02-11, 08:28
@ Witchy & Digidude, do you guys was a image Dev room created?

Maybe we could setup some-kind of image school so users can build their own base image :)

digidude
25-02-11, 08:38
you could m8, but im no expert and am pretty much self taught using trial and error as well as little bits of help i can get from where ever possible (mainly google and a few select people)

but ill help anybody if i can :)

digidude
25-02-11, 13:21
some more updates hit the SVN an hour ago

U trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/service/servicedvb.cpp
G trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/gdi/dfb.cpp
U trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/base/filepush.h
U trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/base/filepush.cpp
U trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/dvb/decoder.cpp
U trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/dvb/dvb.cpp
Checked out revision 357.

witchy
25-02-11, 17:00
you could m8, but im no expert and am pretty much self taught using trial and error as well as little bits of help i can get from where ever possible (mainly google and a few select people)

but ill help anybody if i can :)

It's the trial and error part I'm unhappy with as I don't have much money and can't afford to wreck my box.

Google has been a great help and the fact that I'm managing to compile anything is a small personal miracle.
I've looked at a few Dreambox tutorials and those are basically all the help I have. Specific support for the TM800 is non existent.

Does the svn download contain everything that is required, i.e does it contain all the correct environment settings and tools aswell as the source?

What are the basic commands to compile an img?

I think I'm skipping a step somewhere.

digidude
25-02-11, 18:14
you WONT ruin the receiver m8, ive bricked mine god knows how many times, the source you have access to will only allow you to create a TM800_update.bin file, this will only update the image on the receiver, if its dont work, itll just hang, using miniroot (not miniweb) reflash with a known good image, and youre back up n running :)

the TM800 cource only contains the files needed to create an image, not any of the tools or other things needed to set the environment

i had a script from some other members who dev images, ill dig it out m8. you run this, and it finds, downloads and installs most of the things needed to setup your linux environment

by trial and error, i meant with the actual creating of images, they do one of 3 things after you change stuff

1) they fail to compile at all, and throw screen after screen of errors before failing

2) the image compiles, but fails to fully boot the receiver

3) it works :) YAY!!

if you have all the source downloaded, you need to be in the correct folder to run the build script, in a terminal window, enter the following

cd trunk
cd cdk
./maketm800

the source has just been updated again, to hopefully solve the green screen on lan issue when using a HD skin

G trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/python/Screens/NetworkSetup.py
G trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/gdi/dfb.cpp
G trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/data/Magic/skin.xml
Checked out revision 359.
digidude@digidude-laptop:~/tm88$

witchy
25-02-11, 19:13
Fooking hell, it's that simple?!

You would not believe the shit I've been going through every time I compile it.

I think i must have been rebuilding all the dev tools, pmsl.

How do I grab only the revised parts of the source code, it seems silly me having to grab the entire trunk folder again.

digidude
25-02-11, 20:10
i do it manually in a terminal screen m8, imaging you saved the whole trunk folder into a folder called tm8

open a terminal window

cd tm8
svn co svn://urfreelinux.homelinux.org/LinuxHD/trunk

thats it

itll seem like it hangs for a while, this is as it checks every revision of the files, if no changes, itll finish and tell you what revision youre on. if theres new files, itll update just the changed ones, then report the new SVN revision as shown above

you then enter

cd trunk
cd cdk
./maketm800

and itll ask for the admin password you setup when installing linux onto your machine, enter this, itll delete some temp files and start compiling, it takes about 10-15 minutes

once it finishes youll see this

################################################## ###########
# make firmware
################################################## ###########
############### TM800 start ##############
TM800*
rootfs jffs2
################################################## ##################################
Update Flash File
Little Endian
Little Endian
################################################## ##################################
Flash file build Complete
############### TM800 Finish ##############
Completed (/home/digidude/tm88/trunk/cdkflash/TM800-25-02-11)
#################### END ###################################
digidude@digidude-laptop:~/tm88/trunk/cdk$

in 'Places' navigate to the folder highlighted in red above, and youll see the file TM800_update.bin, thats your image :)

copy it to USB, slam it into the box, fire up miniroot, and away you go

digidude
25-02-11, 20:15
just to add, the latest update to the SVN solves the green screen when entering networking menus in HD skins

witchy
25-02-11, 20:25
Cheers mate.

I've scrubbed everything and I'm grabbing the complete Rev 359 again, just to make sure I've not corrupted anything with all my fiddling about. :)

I had been following a DM800 tutorial (making changes for the TM800 ofcourse), it was much more in-depth but I reckon that's because it was also creating the environment and setting up the tools. :)

HD skins here i come, woohoo!

digidude
25-02-11, 20:49
i tried following a DMM tutorial, its TOTALLY different m8.

the instructions above will allow you to create a UR image with the date its compiled as the image date, but, any image you create is only to be used by you, and not released, as theyre not tested, so releasing what looks to be an official image, could get the access to the source removed from everyone

but, in doing this, youll always have the very latest updates, even if they aint stable, to play with ;)

witchy
25-02-11, 20:59
I've just finished compiling, first time I done it I got an error at the very end, it said something about 'swig', so I grabbed Swig-1.30 from synaptic Package Manager, installed it, re-ran the compile and now I have a nice new image on my HDD. :)

Gonna install it, fingers crossed.

Don't worry about me releasing anything I create. i just want to play and the lure of the HD Skins was too much. :)

PS, my wife and kids are going to reall fooking hate you ;-)

WOOHOOO - IT WORKED!

sorry for getting all excited, but this is a landmark for me, lol

digidude
25-02-11, 21:09
is this your first image then m8??

youll now get the bug to customise it :D

witchy
25-02-11, 21:14
First image to actually WORK, yes lol

oooh these HD skns are sexy and I've only tested the BASIC-HD one!

I think I'll compile a Gansta Speak version. :)

When are UR going to release the first HD compatible image, it really make s a difference to the box. i think it'll make a lot of people happy.

OK, it doesn't fix the PVR problems nor the media playback, but it makes the unit feel more professional.

A step in the right direction imo.

EDIT..

Can't seem to enter PPanels on any HD skin (Green Screen), do you know of any skins that have been fully mapped?

digidude
25-02-11, 22:02
you should be able to enter ppanels m8, theres also numerous pvr fixes, not too sure about trick play, but playback issues are resolved, format your drive (using a SD skin,or youll green screen lol)

some of the HD skins you cant mess with due to the original creators not giving permission to do so

its only really media player that needs sorting to bring the basics of it to a par with other enigma2 receivers

ill email you a ppanel for a few 'customisations' that youll like m8 ;)

i thinkUR will release one after all the menus etc are safe, and dont green screen the receiver, but, i fear thatdue to the skins all being keymapped for DMM based receivers, theyll never be 100%

to see what i mean by this, download ANY SD skin, restart with the new skin, then press the yellow button for ppanels ;) the only image to date that is stable with 'other' skins is the DW modified backup ones

witchy
25-02-11, 22:33
you should be able to enter ppanels m8, theres also numerous pvr fixes, not too sure about trick play, but playback issues are resolved, format your drive (using a SD skin,or youll green screen lol)

I'm currently using BrushedAlu-HD.

I press Yellow then choose PPanels, it pauses for a second or two then Green screens.:confused:

ill email you a ppanel for a few 'customisations' that youll like m8 ;)

Go on then. :)

I'm having a drink just now, so i don't want to tinker too much tonight, but tomorrow the first change i make will be to get rid of this wee bastard...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n9PlisoIHUM/SwP5uhlKUZI/AAAAAAAACHA/bZVLO772Eas/s1600/GENIE-1.gif

Wizard my arse!

witchy
25-02-11, 22:41
Hoping to replace the Genie with this...

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0811-0415-3727_Cartoon_of_an_Evil_Wizard_Casting_a_Spell_cli part_image.jpg

or this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5223001/2/istockphoto_5223001-wizard-with-wand.jpg

digidude
25-02-11, 23:22
its not as simple as that m8 :)

off the top of my head, the 'genie' is located in trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/data/skin-default (i think) and called wizard.png

the image you replace him with, should be the same size (pix HxW) and a.png file in 8 bit colour, otherwise, after you compile, youl have an empty space where he should be. I couldnt convert the pic i wanted to8 bit

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/20894.jpg

so managed to talk a graphics guru into helping out ;)

BUT!!!!!!!!

i would HIGHLY recommend, that you create a file system of your changes, as well as implementing your changes to the SVN you have on your local machine, as that way, when something goes wrong (which it will) youll have all your 'work' backed up.delete everything, re download the svn, and copy your files over the top of it

in the not too distant past, ive lost WEEKS worth of work, by not doing that

witchy
25-02-11, 23:26
lol, I didn't mean that i was going to put the high res image directly into the source. :)

I know I'll need to drop the res and colours to 8Bit, that's why I said I was 'hoping' to add them coz after I've dropped them to 8bit they will probably look terrible and unrecognisable :)

BTW, where is this email? ;)

This has got me thinking, would it be possible to rewrite the source so as it would display a HD skin on initial setup?

Are the HD skins 16 or 32 bit?

digidude
25-02-11, 23:30
BTW, where is this email? ;)

check yer PMs ya pleb lol ;)

im on a different computer, so not got access to everything that i normally have access to ;)

witchy
25-02-11, 23:36
check yer PMs ya pleb lol ;)

im on a different computer, so not got access to everything that i normally have access to ;)

Your link no worky!

Check PM mate.

digidude
25-02-11, 23:46
god imdrunklol :)

i dont know what the HD skins are, theyre new m8 :)

but,repliedto your PM

now, whers them rizlas :D

witchy
25-02-11, 23:52
PMSL, might be time for bed mate. :)

Just got it, very nice mate, you've more or less made the same changes that I had in my head, apart from the forum branding, lol

The Wizard is excellent, he's not very friendly though, pmsl.

Your Main Menu icons don't fit, but apart from that it's excellent.

Well done!

digidude
26-02-11, 00:01
nah told you before m8, youre too far away lol

witchy
26-02-11, 02:09
nah told you before m8, youre too far away lol

Meet u half way?

lol