PDA

View Full Version : recording

roystheboy
06-10-15, 09:20
Hi when recording a channel from sat or cable I can record the channel but all the other channels are greyed out that means i can only record a channel and watch the same channel hope you can help cheers take care

Sicilian
06-10-15, 09:26
Depends what tuners you have and how many of each. You need to post more info please.

roystheboy
06-10-15, 09:55
Hello I have a Duo2 with cable and sat tuneres the sat tuner is A the cable Tuner is C and it records on Tuner B but if I record a chanel from a Cable channel I click on epg set the recording and when it starts to record all the other channels are greyed out which means i can only watch and record the same channel ,in the menu its set like this Preferred Tuner is set to Tuner A and the Preferred Tuner for recording is Tuner B and the Alternative service tuner priority is set to no priority hope you can help cheers

Sicilian
06-10-15, 09:59
So you have 1x Single DVB-C tuner and 1x twin satellite tuner? If your on DVB-C you will be limited to what you can record. Satellite you should be able to watch and record different channels if setup correctly.

roystheboy
06-10-15, 10:04
thats right how should it be set up cheers

DaMacFunkin
06-10-15, 10:19
Well you would need a dual cable tuner, unless you go through your entire program list setting satellite channels as cable alternatives.

roystheboy
06-10-15, 10:24
hi as it is now set could i record from satellite and be able to watch cable at the same time ,and are my settings ok cheers take care

roystheboy
06-10-15, 10:26
hi and both the sat and cable are Cccam cheers

casuk
06-10-15, 11:49
You can record sat and watch cable no problems or vise versa, you should have two channel bouquets one for sat and one for cable

DaMacFunkin
06-10-15, 12:32
Yes I have all programs that I want to record and are available on sat to record from sat, even though we mainly watch cable (on the upstairs box anyway).

roystheboy
06-10-15, 16:41
Hi when I am on the cable tuner I record a channel and when it starts to record the other channels on the list goes grey and I am only allowed to watch the channel its recording thats what I dont get cheers

DaMacFunkin
06-10-15, 17:01
Because you only have one cable tuner and are accessing the cable channel list, if you access the satellite channel list at this point you will see all the channels available.
Get used to setting recordings from your satellite bouquet if it is a fta channel.
To access sat bouquet list (if one is indeed created) press down button on remote then the blue button, this will give you a list bouquets on your box, if you have set one up for freesat or sky, you can then open that folder and choose a channel from that list.
The alternative is to set all your sat channels as alternatives to your cable channels, the reason it works like this is that for obvious reasons ITV HD on cable has a different service reference than ITV HD on freesat, they are totally different platforms do the 2 don't magically link together, be good if they did, or someone could create a standard alternatives file.

roystheboy
06-10-15, 17:19
Thanks a lot thats very help full I really appreciate all your help cheers ,got another question if you dont mind when I am on the sat the A appears on the front panel of the box and when i record the B should appear but does not anymore and when i am on the Cable the C should come on the front panel of the box and when I record the B should come on but does not is that my problem cheers take care

DaMacFunkin
07-10-15, 19:11
It doesn't always show on the tuner info on the vfd on my duo2, sometimes it does, most times it doesn't?.. I have the tuner situation to display on the LCD, this is always accurate.

abu baniaz
07-10-15, 19:15
I enable the service type icon so it is easy to identify type of service.

If using ABM, you can also use a custom mix file to replace channels from one provider with another.

roystheboy
08-10-15, 18:45
thanks everybody thants very help full cheers take care

roystheboy
09-10-15, 17:12
Hello sorry to bother you all again but I am still having problems recording ,on the cable tuner useing the EPG timer for recording I can only watch a channel and record the same channel because when recording a channel allthe others are greyed out ,I can record and watch another channel on the Satellite though I dont understand it guys cheers take care

2stein
09-10-15, 18:10
cable and sat behave differently. while on cable every channel has a different frequency, on sat multiple channels have the same frequency (transponder).
that's the reason why you can watch a different channel on sat in addition to recording a channel. but this only works if the channels are on the same transponder (frequency).

roystheboy
09-10-15, 18:16
ah O.K. got you thanks a lot for explaining cheers take care

abu baniaz
09-10-15, 19:18
cable and sat behave differently. while on cable every channel has a different frequency on sat multiple channels have the same frequency (transponder).
This is not correct. To satisfy yourself, zap to a cable channels and go to current transponder. You will see that there are several channels on the same frequency/transponder

that's the reason why you can watch a different channel on sat in addition to recording a channel. but this only works if the channels are on the same transponder (frequency).

Using one tuner, he can record several chanenls on cable provided they are on the same transponder. Reason he can record from two transponders on satellite is that he has two satellite tuners.