PDA

View Full Version : Box Crashes then EPG data seems corrupted and there are gaps?

edwards
05-10-15, 20:37
Hi,

I have a HD Mutant HD2400 with vix 3.2 007. I have this issue where I the box crashes sometimes when browsing the channel list or the EPG. When the box restarts a lot of info from the EPG is missing and I have to refresh the data again. I have sat and cable tuners so am using cross epg for sat and epg refresh for cable. The EPG is stored on a usb flash drive.
us
I am not sure what is causing the crashes if it is the EPG that is causing it or if that is just an after affect of the crash. I have included the latest crash log. Can anyone shed any light on what the issue is or point me in the right direction of the correct sub reddit if this is not an EPG issue?

cheers
ed

edwards
06-10-15, 17:20
I have just realised that it is only the virgin part of the EPG that seems corrupted and has gaps. The sat EPG is fine, if that gives any more clues to the issue?

abu baniaz
06-10-15, 23:05
delete the epg and start again.

where are you saving the epg?

edwards
08-10-15, 21:43
I have tried deleting the EPG through the menu Setup>System>EPG>Load/Save delete and then downloading the sat EPG again and using EPG refresh to download the cable EPG but the issue seems to have persisted.

The EPG is saved on a usb drive in the default location.

I am not sure what else to try apart from doing a fresh flash of the image and setting up again from scratch without using any backups but I want to avoid that if possible as I would lose all of the autotimers I have setup.

abu baniaz
08-10-15, 22:02
You can restore your timers.

Autotimers are used to create timers. If all your timers are made using Auto timers, you only need to restore the autotimer file.

Navigate to /etc/enigma2
Save autotimer.xml to PC.
Flash new image
Configure image to a basic level
Stop image from running using telnet command "init 4"
Transfer back the autotimer.xml file
Restart the receiver with telnet command "init 3"

Guide to telnet commands in my signature.

edwards
09-10-15, 21:26
Very helpful, I will try this.

Andy_Hazza
10-10-15, 11:53
I would personally store EPG data to the HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk